Just a little update. Nate is really quite sick and has been since Tuesday. He is quite brave and easy to care for when he's sick except when his stubborn streak kicks in. For instance he's had a fever that really gets going if we don't stay right on tylenol or motrin. By Wednesday night he decided he'd had enough medicine and since then it's been a major battle medicating him. I literally can't force his medicine without Brennan there to help restrain him. Good times. I tried to take him to the doctor on Wednesday to rule out strep but he flat out refused. The appointment was last minute and I had about 5 minutes to drop Ben off at my Mom's and get Nate down there, I knew there was no way I could get there in time once he had decided he was not going to cooperate. I finally told him if we didn't go now we for sure had to go in the morning. Thankfully he stuck to his deal and cooperated the next morning. Oh and I was positive it was strep, it wasn't. It's funny that you can have 4 kids and still have no idea what you're doing as a parent!
In other news, I reached a new mothering milestone. My oldest child got a "purple card" at school which means she managed to breeze through green, yellow and red to the worst of all "purple." This is the big one where they have to call home. Evidently she giggles uncontrollably often and as you can imagine disrupts the class. Her teacher was nice about it and told me of all the the things to get in trouble for, this was definitely one of the better ones, at least she's happy. Oh dear, little stink!
I'm soooo ready for a nice mellow weekend. Yay for general conference, I love it, I need it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
wow I'm so sorry you have to deal with sickness again, what a bummer! I really wish i could help but I can barely manage my little monsteys. wow crazy about anna, how funny! How did she react to it? was she mortified or nonchalant?
I am with you on Conference weekend. I am so looking forward to it!!
Funny about Anna. I remember the first time I got my name with 3 checks behind it for probably about that same thing....giggling and socializing too much. It happens to all of us. And I think with anna there are no worries.
I hate sickness! Purple card, huh? I'm wondering what you get if you do something REALLY bad.
Someone in our family has been sick for the past month. We just keep rotating who is sick. Right now it's me and I am so sick (ha, ha) of it! With spring weather you expect to be over all of the yucky stuff. It is always a little bit of a shock to hear that your kids are in trouble at school. I just always have to remember hearing at every parent teacher conf. "Shauna talks too much." Then it isn't so bad.
Meg has the same problem as Anna and she is seventeen, so I think you are doing great with your tween. Getting in trouble for being too happy, what has this world come too? :)
That stinks about Nate, sadly enough if you need a few tips on how to restrain your kids by yourself to medicate them and to get them to swallow without spitting it out, I have a few great tips. Sad I sound like a professional torturer-no just a pediatric nurse.
Liza, Shauna, Rebecca and Brynn, thanks so much for your kind symptahy regarding sick kids. Such a bummer, so done! Macy, cracks me up you got "3 checks" and comforts me because you seem to have turned out great!
Post a Comment