Sunday, April 27, 2008
Jane Doe
Brennan is rotten with names. He actually totally remembers people and their faces but don't be shocked if at any given moment he can't tell you the names of our children. Just kidding, sort of. Well, today he came home from church and told me that a lady had pulled him aside to tell him she enjoyed the lesson I taught. With little hope I asked him who the lady was and not surprisingly he had no idea what her name was. Right about then Abby piped up, "You mean the lady with white hair, Daddy?" "Yeah." "Oh it was Sister Kirkham, Mom." I found it all so funny and started laughing hard but Brennan was really kind of shaken and humbled that his 7 year old is a little more dialed in than he is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
how funny! that is so telling of both of their personalities, so cute!
So funny. Didn't he forget the name of your brother once or something. That is so funny that your daughter knew exactly who it was.
Shauna, he couldn't remember what my brothers were to him and asked me if they were his uncles. LOL, we love Brennan!
you would have thought that brennan's genes would have neutralized your stalker genes, but in abby's case at least, they don't seem to have done so.
That is classic! I always wonder how my kids know so much! It is amazing!@
ps, I'd love you to come to Cafe Rio tonigh! (sorry last minute!)
Umm, yeah I figured he was horrible with names because after what ten years in the family he still calls everyone "Hey Buddy!" If it is any consolation Ben is the same way. Once we were walking in Temple Square when we saw his previous roommate from six month earlier walking towards us. Ben turned to me in all seriousness and asked, "How do I know that guy? He looks familiar." I then barely surprised replied that it was his previous college roommate Dan. His defense-he only lived with him for six months. Is there any hope? Judging from Brennan, I guess not! :)
Love it! BTW Great lesson! You're a great teacher!
Brennan, try this, "I know I should know it, but remind me of your name." It puts the burden on you for forgetting, but it lets you find out who people are so when Nate or Benny tell Ange who you were talking to, you'll know who they're talking about.
Post a Comment