Here are some of my favorite photos of him:




I know I just posted that one in the pool, but his eyes and pool match and I love it.
Ben is truly one of a kind. Almost every week at church someone stops me to tell me how much they love to watch him and how he seems to light up a whole room. It's hard to explain, but I'll try: he is exuberant, he is opinionated, he is happy, he's a handful, he is forceful, he's friendly, he's confident (like off the charts confident), he's stubborn, he's joyful, he's radiant.
This sweet child has brought us so much joy. He came during a difficult year for me. After he was born my amazing vibrant aunt and mother of 8 died, I was finally acknowledging that two of my sweet children were showing signs of anxiety/OCD, both my Grandpas died, and because of those things and other events my foundation -- my faith, was shaky. When I felt dark and heavy and hopeless he was full of light and love and hope. My little Ben, sunshine boy, positively radiated light and love. When I held him, or when he smiled, or when I watched him sleep I was able to shut out the clouds I had let gather round me and gradually heal. His effervescence was honestly pivotal in my journey through doubt and fear back to the light of faith and love. My faith is back only it's much stronger. I will forever be grateful to Heavenly Father for the gift of Ben at that tender time and that he was and will always be a reminder of all the blessings and love Heaven has to offer.
I guess that was a little heavy for a 2 year old birthday tribute, sorry!
We love Ben. Happy Birthday!
10 comments:
That was so sweet, Ange. I didn't realize all of that happened in one year. Wow! Ben is such a ray of sunshine. So darling, and fun. Happy Birthday little guy!!
Very sweet. You are so right about how exuberant he is. I was trying to sum him up, and when I couldn't come up with one word for "impossible to ignore," I had to give up. Benny is a great little guy, and I'm glad he came at a good time for you.
that wasn't heavy at all, very very sweet that he really put things into perspective for you, babies/children are amazing that way aren't they? He is such a ray of sunshine, happy birthday benny!
What a Sweet tribute! I, too belive that babies are magic...healing!
So sweet!
What a sweet tribute, ange. I loved it. He is such a sweetie.
Wow, sometimes you just need to be held and/or hold someone. Babies are the best for that sometimes. What a blessing he has been in your life, during such a difficult time! Happy 2nd Birthday Benny!
Ange, that was truly beautiful and I got teary. I believe children can heal us. I've always felt the same way about my Lilli who came after Matthew.
And... I've been reading books on anxiety since I've just realized one of my kids has it. I'd love to hear how you deal with it...
Ange, that is one beautiful post. What a tribute to this little guy and the Lord's kindness in giving him to you at the special time of your need. Thanks for sharing this. It was moving and faith-promoting. Plus we all love that little guy so much.
Thanks all for your comments. I'm glad you all related, all babies are truly gifts, but some come at a particularly special time.
Bobbi, I can only imagine how much Lilli brightened all your lives while missing Matthew so much.
Also, let's chat, I'll call you.
Post a Comment