So lately we're having a problem of someone skulking around our house in the dark. It's my almost 2 year old. Last night we put him to bed at his usual bedtime of 7:30 and at around 8:30 Brennan asked me to see which one of the girls was lurking in the hallway. I turned the corner and didn't see anyone then as I headed back to the family room I almost tripped over Benny and his blankies sitting there half in the hall and half in the open hall closet. Psycho. I looked at him and he smiled up at me. In the middle of the night he suddenly appeared in our room. We took him back. At 6:00 am I thought I heard something. By the time I managed to drag myself out of bed I found his door open and he was nowhere in sight. I searched the whole upstairs while trying to keep from panicking completely. Just then Anna came up to go to the bathroom (don't get me started on the fact that there's a perfectly nice bathroom downstairs right next to the girls' rooms that they NEVER use) and reported that when she got out of bed to come up, there was Benny and his blankies sitting on her floor. Yesterday morning at around 6:30 am he went into Nate's room and sat on his head.
Now let me just say that this child has been such a great sleeper. He goes to bed at 7:30 pm and wakes up at 7:00 am end of story. Evidently he has turned into an insomniac. Mostly though it is really unnerving wondering if I'm going to hear him when he decides to come out and take a stroll through the house in the middle of the night. Brennan suggested I put a bell on his door which I'll probably do despite my worry about waking Nate up every time, any other suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
When we move our kids into the bid kid bed. We tell them if you get up, you will have to sleep in the baby crib. Usually it only takes putting them back in the crib once, before they stay in their bed.
Do you have any Valium (sp?) on hand? Sadly, that is the only advice I can offer. Unfortunately, I can empathize. Kara too, has gone from angel sleeper since 4 weeks old to refusing to go to bed and waking up several times a night crying, totally inconsolable until we bring her into our bed. And this has happened all in the last few weeks. Teeth? Ear infection? It better be something. And it better be something I can fix. Alesa's suggestion sounds good. Other than that, I guess you'll just have to wait till the golden age of four!
Wow, that's a tough one! I don't know what I'd do. The bell sounds good, but he might actually like to make the bell "ring."
I think sending him back to the crib is a great idea actually. They never want to really go back to that. It seems like these things never last, I would just keep putting him back without saying a word to him. I bet he will get over it pretty fast. Other than that i don't know. If you aren't against locking the door you could do that...although I always have a really hard time with that one too. Sleep issues always stress me out to the max.
Post a Comment