Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckely, our Prophet, died last night. I'm so happy for him to be reunited with his wife and other family and friends. I can't believe he's gone; for so long he seemed to be unaffected by his old age. He kept having birthdays but never seemed to get older. I will always be grateful to him for his example of service, compassion, optimism and dedication to the Gospel. I will also always remember and be grateful for the challenge he issued a few years ago for each of us to read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover by the end of that year. That was truly a seminal experience for me and helped me have a deeper understanding of my Savior, Jesus Christ. We love President Hinckley!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Sweet sentiments, Ange. And I think there were many thousands who were touched by his Book of Mormon challenge. What an exciting thing that was, to have so many people all over the world doing the same thing at the same time out of devotion to our Prophet and his counsel. It was a uniquely unifying experience.