I went to bed last night feeling a little bit like my kids on Christmas Eve awaiting the arrival of Santa Claus. With the excitement of Christmas, we missed our customary appointment with a special visitor and for a whole week I anxiously waited his arrival this week so we could share some of our leftover Christmas cheer. We were literally overflowing in anticipation.
Last night we excitedly busied ourselves with preparations for his arrival this morning. I expected to hear him come an hour or so before I got up. I awoke disappointed when I discovered he still had not arrived. All day long I kept peeking out the window in hopes of seeing him turn down our street. I began to worry that something had happened, that for some reason we had mistaken his planned arrival or that he came and something wasn't right so he left prematurely. I felt distracted all day long and hampered in my ability to go about my routine.
Finally this afternoon as I left the house to pick up kids from school I saw that my dream had at last been realized! I felt a huge weight lifted off me and couldn't wait to come back home and get busy throwing things away. Thank you for coming, Mr. Waste Disposal Man!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I SO know what you mean. It just kind of weighs on you until he comes. Dad and I recently received a great blessing. Our next door neighbor told us that they're out of town during Christmas and other holidays, and to feel free to use their garbage cans (they have 4!). This is the life!
Ange, I would bury myself in a red-ant bed if I missed garbage day during the holidays. I am so compulsive about it.
Post a Comment