Tuesday, January 8, 2008

In Good Company


I love being a mom and am so grateful I get to stay home with my kids; however, I will admit there are times I find it extremely hard and overwhelming. Right now, we happen to be in a really good phase. I miss the girls when they're at school and we all look forward to the energy and excitement that follows them through our door around 3:45 each day, but I have really been enjoying the company of the two little guys pictured above.

The last few days Nate has literally played for HOURS with his play dough at the kitchen table. He likes to be near where I am, but is content to entertain himself and patiently endures Benny's comings and goings. I love watching and listening to his imagination at work. He's been so happy and helpful and fun lately.

Benjamin does a lot of coming and going. He'll sit and play play dough for a little bit, enthusiastically mimicking Nate and chatting all the while. He'll explore for a little while and then come find me to check in which means me picking him up and hugging him so he can stroke my hair for a minute. His favorite thing to do is to pose for photos saying "CHEESE" and then the minute the picture is taken he yells, "SEE" until I show him the newest photo.

One of my favorite things to do is to watch him reason things out. The other day he came to me and insisted on a drink. I gave him a cup with a little bit of water and watched as he walked over to a new toy of Nate's that has a little container for water which a car jumps into. He carefully poured the water I gave him into the right place and proceeded to play. It was so interesting to me that instead of bringing the toy to me, he just figured out his own way to get what he needed.

I feel truly blessed to be able to enjoy the company of Brennan and each of our kids. Though we have our struggles, I can honestly say I wouldn't trade my life for anything!

3 comments:

Macy said...

Cute post Ange. Two cute boys...I can't believe how old Benny is getting. They are going to have lots of fun in the years to come. It kind of makes me sad Rex doesn't have a bro.

Jo said...

Those two are an adorable pair, and it's so fun to read the little tidbits about their personalities. That's pretty amazing to me the way Bennie got water for the toy! What a sweet mom you are.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Awww... so dang cute...

I can't wait til we can all get together! I haven't seen Brennan since I was 18!!! (I'm 47 now)

Dang, where does the time go???

You will have to come to Beaver this summer.