Thursday, January 17, 2008

Birthday Cake

My Mom gave me this fabulous book.
It's perfect for those like me who are domestically and artistically challenged.


This was the one I did for Abby



12 comments:

Jo said...

Cute Andrea! I'm glad the book provided some help.

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Wow, very cute, Ange.

It reminds me of the cakes Mom would sometimes do for us. I remember she made me a rocket ship, which actually elevated off the table with a sugarcone nose frosted green. Very cool.

Becky, yep said...

Wow! That is darling! I bet your kiddos loved IT! It's so fun to try new things like that!

Terry said...

I'd say you have talent!

Andrea W. said...

You're all so kind. I'm an amateur, bu the kids loved it. I think that Benny swallowed a LOT of bubblegum though :(

Rebecca said...

So, is that why she gave us that book??? Cute cake- VERY impressive!

Eliza said...

wow, very impressive ange, dang cute too. it looks super yummy too.

Andrea W. said...

LOL, Rebecca, I don't think you are domestically or artistically challenged. My Mom had a similar book she used to use on our birthday cakes. I had asked about it and borrowed her torn and tattered copy so I think that's what inspired the gift.

Macy said...

What a darling cake! I bet Abby loved it. Can't wait to use the book.

Bobbi said...

Cute cake Andrea! I need that book!

KRISTIN BELL said...

Cutest Cake ever!! I can't wait to make cool cakes for my kids... you'll have to teach me how.

Mel said...

Thanks for sending me the link over here! I love that gumball cake. Love, love it. I will be using the idea in the future, I am sure. In the meantime, I need to go check out that awesome book!