Thursday, May 28, 2009

What's For Dinner?

PLEASE, please blurkers (I realize I flatter myself that I have some) and regulars alike I NEED your input. What do you make for dinner every night? I am so in a rut and would love to know what you make night after night after night. Especially any great summer ideas. Also, what do you grill other than hamburgers and hot dogs?

12 comments:

Shauna said...

I have told you about "Spicy Beans and Rice" that we have all the time and it is easy. I have a yummy Salmon we do on the grill. Cooking night after night is not easy. Good Luck.

Shannon said...

Put together a dinner swap! I know I've talked about it before, but it is the greatest thing ever. With eating left-overs, I probably only cook 3 times a week, if even that. When I do have to cook, I'm big on 30 min. meals. A few that I love are- apple chicken curry, mexican chicken chili, stir fry. Chicken kabobs are fun on the grill and I also love grilled Salmon. Also, a fun summer dinner is crispy chicken salad. You buy the breaded chicken breasts at Costco and cut that up over salad with carrots, cheeese, tomotoes and avocado with honey mustard dressing. so yummy

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Wow- Shannon just KILLED that question.

I'm hungry now.

Andrea W. said...

Shannon and Shauna, thank you so much for your help, how do you grill your salmon? I'm so new to the grilling thing I'm so ignorant. Do you put it on foil or just directly on the foil? Also, do you marinate or season it? I just bought some frozen Salmon fillets from Costco, will those work or should I stick with fresh?

Rebecca said...

ange-
i make a "dinner list" every few months. it's a list of tried and tested as well recipes i found that i want to try (at least 1/week to add some variety). i have found so many great recipes on recipe blogs (check out my links, faves are my kitchen cafe and sisters cafe). also, i get trip tip steak from costco that's pretty inexpensive that i grill (have a great marinade recipe for that if you want it) and i also grill chicken A LOT. i get the mccormick grill seasoning packets (they have like 15 different flavors) and marinate chicken in that. serve with rice or potatoes or noodles.

Jo said...

No suggestions, but I'd LOVE the recipes you are taking about. Please post!

Cheryl said...

I tend to be all about crock pot meals in the summer. A lot of that has to do with the whole "time of use" electricity plan I'm on down here. But it also is great because I tend to have more motivation and energy in the morning than do at 4:30 in the afternoon... like now. One recipe that is a big hit is meatballs and gravy. I use the meatballs from costco and then pour some cream of mushroom over it. I eat it over rice or potatoes. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I'm telling you! Easy and good. I've always got rave reviews. Also, sweet pork is good and easy and be made into all sorts of things. Natrually taco's are always a hit. Another thing I will try and do is one day make up a bunch of freezer meals and just save them for when I don't have any motivation to cook. Wait... that would be everyday. Easy meals for that are chicken enchiladas, lasagna, cheesy potato bake... good luck. I hate this dilemma too. I feel like it is a constant nemesis!

Cheryl said...

ps: I forgot... Dave makes really good grilled salmon. He cooks his on a cedar plank. I'm not a seafood person, so I can't say much, but others who are have been speechless. I know he also uses tinfoil. I think he puts it in the foil, in kind of a bowl, then puts that on the cedar plank, and that directly on the grill.

Macy said...

I have done salmon on both foil and just laying it on the grill. I love a good teriyaki salmon kabob, and chicken and veggie kabobs are the best too, and super easy. You can marinate chicken in anything, even just some olive oil, garlic, and maybe some kind of herb is all , and it will be delicious.
Erin gave me a really good, really easy crock pot chicken taco recipe if you want it. I make it weekly. I also do an easy pasta night weekly too. I have an easy , really good marinara sauce that goes with any kind of pasta.

Grandma W said...

I love pork chops from Costco on the grill. Just a little seasoning of choice and you have a very delicious meal. I also grill pork tenderloins. It give a completely difference consistency to the tenderloin. We do chicken and Angus burgers too along with the salmon. I also do roast (on sale) in the crockpot...... really easy and tasty. Terri taught me this one.

Megan said...

I'm ALL about frozen burritos. Really.

Lisa said...

Am I allowed to post so late on this? I haven't had a lot of time lately to read blogs so I'm trying to catch up. As for grilling, we get some yummy teriyaki meatballs (they're chicken ones) from Costco and do kabobs with the meatballs, onions, peppers, and pineapple. Tim grills them but as far as I know, you throw them on the grill until they're hot and grilled-looking. Add some rice and you've got a super easy meal. I also do a chicken salad like Shannon but along with the chicken I add mandarin oranges, rice noodles, toasted almonds and use poppy seed dressing. I've got a lot of other salads and non-oven meals that we make in the summer if you want the recipes. Maybe we need to do a bookclub cookbook......