Another busy day at our house. You know the usual -- laundry, cleaning, refereeing, chauffeuring, etc., oh and a few other things: First of all I tried unsuccessfully to convince the boys there are no ghosts residing on our street. Sunday all the kids were outside and noticed a parked running car in front of a neighbor's house without anyone in it. When they rode back by the car was gone. This, of course, can only mean one thing - a ghost.
Debated what to do with dead pet frog Guacamole, to flush or not to flush? As usual, the kids had strong feelings and it looks like there will be a burial and services. You're all invited. I personally will not miss frog a great deal, but will greatly miss Benny saying "Mockamowee".
A little later I uncovered a conspiracy to sneak a kitten into our home as a secret pet. After about 1,356 phone calls between a certain child and this certain child's friends, I began to suspect something was up. I managed to interrogate the truth out of said child without water boarding. Said child enjoyed plotting way too much and I even found my calendar/planner in the room they had been conspiring in. Looking for a day that looked open for them to smuggle kitty in, I guess.
Sigh.
All in a day's work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That is so cute and so familiar. Isn't it funny, some days I look back and think "what did I really do today?" There are always so many little funny things that happen. Cute post.
oh, all the adventures. Cute stuff.
I love the ghost story!!
CUTE!
youre hilarious. wish i could make to the burial. love that they knew to look at your calender to know when to sneak the cat in. hahahaha.
Oh that was rich, Andrea! Ghosts, dead frogs, and kitten conspiracy-- it's all great stuff, and how charmingly you write about it!
Cute! I'm glad you popped in! You are always welcome. And I'll be enjoying yours as well. fun to catch up! Thanks for saying hi!
So funny. I love this post. And that's all I have to say.
Oh Ange, I am laughing so hard. LOVE the ghost story. I can just see poor Nate's face. Also, I love that you had a frog named Guacamole. And, hearing about the kitten plot reminds me about how we plotted to creat the secret passageway between our rooms.
Post a Comment