Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Don't Wanna Grow Up

Not if it means I have to quit relying on my parents. I really, really don't. I'm 35 years old and in some ways I think I depend on them more now than I ever have. Obviously, I depended on them a lot when I was young, but I didn't completely grasp then what I know now -- that they are two of the most amazing people on earth. They're incredibly intelligent, self-less, faithful, etc., etc., etc.

I feel so blessed to live a mere 3 minutes away from them. After watching every one of my kids collapse onto the couch last night in complete misery from some awful, no-good virus I started to feel a little overwhelmed. First thing this morning who did I call? GHOSTBUSTERS, just kidding, you guessed it, my very busy Dad on his way to a special legislative session stopped in to help Brennan give all our kids a priesthood blessing. What a huge comfort. Then, as I got out of the shower later this morning I heard my mom calling my name. She was there to just see what we needed and also cleaned my kitchen.

We love our parents!

2 comments:

Grandma W said...

Our family knows about that no good virus. It made our little Matthew very ill for three weeks and finally in the hospital for five days. His little immune system is so challenged.

Hope all the kiddies are feeling better and up and about.

Eliza said...

Amen! What would we do without them? I am so glad they were able to help you, I am sorry I was so useless.