Saturday, May 2, 2009

Movie Recommendation


My parents recommended the movie Fireproof to us a while ago. We finally got around to watching it tonight and want to add our endorsement. When it first started Brennan said, "Is this some marriage counseling movie? Are your parents trying to get us all to have a little marriage counseling?" You know what it really is, only it will only cost you $1 at your local redbox. Seriously, it reminded me a lot of the book Peacegiver which I love. It was so refreshing to watch something about something so real and so important. Kirk Cameron is in it and I think he and the other main characters did a great job. It's definitely worth seeing.

6 comments:

davis@dontdodumbthings.com said...

I also want to recommend "What About Thad.' Great flick.

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

What about Thad...

You just might want to go private and "forget" to invite that first commenter, because all he ever does is tear down.

Mixed feelings on Fireproof. Pro: Great message. Cons: Way too evangelical (to any evangelical readers out there: Don't take this personally. You'd be just as annoyed with a really Mormon-y movie, and so are most of us), low budget.

Overall, I liked it though.

They need to make a movie out of "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands."

Rebecca said...

ANge, I loved the movie too. Yes, it was low-budget and evangelical, but who cares? It had a great message and so real to life. I loved it. PLus, it can't hurt that Chick-fil-A had a little cameo, of course (they're major evangelicals).

Shauna said...

On one of my favorite shows "18 Kids and Counting" they recommended it also. I do want to watch it.

Jo said...

Christian, I agree that it's kind of a low-budget film, but too evangelical? There were a few tip-offs as to that orientation, but none that bothered me an ounce. If I'd been the producer, I might have Mormonized it a bit, just to make it feel more familiar; but the beliefs portrayed were right in sync with mine.

BTW, any of you who liked this movie might also want to check out "Facing the Giants" made by the same outfit. Inspiring story built around a football coach.

Andrea W. said...

Christian, funny you should say that, because I had the exact opposite thought you did. I commented to Bren that I felt like it was totally consistent with Mormonism, (except for a few visuals of the cross). And, as far as low budget, again I was pleasantly surprised. I guess having been warned about that I had pretty low expectations.