Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Know, I know..

I'm like the lamest blogger ever. It's not entirely my fault though. My stupid camera won't load my pics. I have my little Thanksgiving weekend post already if I could just get my camera to upload my pics onto my computer. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. (Any tips would be greatly appreciated, how do I know if it's a computer or camera issue?) Too bad I don't know anything about technology and I just have to wait til it magically works again. Patience is not a virtue I possess. Grrrrr.

While you wait in great suspense for the previously mentioned post, here's another super exciting post to help tide you over. :)

So my dear, sweet formerly-known-as-"Grinchy-poo" Brennan, actually put up our outside lights this year. This is a job he absolutely DETESTS and in years past I have had to beg, bargain, bet, bribe and get the kids to do the same to get this done. A couple of sad years we've even gone without. I have been tempted to do it myself several times, but I'm kind of scared of heights (it has to do with a fake bridge in a play I was in collapsing). Anyway, this year without one attempt to beg or make a deal he just did it. He hated every second of it, but he did it!!!!!!!!! This is going to be a great Christmas Season! Woo woo!

Just another random tidbit for you, last night Abby was saying our family prayer and said, "please help us remember the real reason for Christmas..., but thank you that we can still get presents." I got a kick out of that. I'm pretty sure she didn't want us or Santa to get any ideas like she was above getting gifts. She's good, but not that good.

And one more that I'm a little torn about whether or not to record, but I always err on the side of telling so hope this isn't too much for anyone. Last night Ben started dancing and singing an original song at the top of his lungs. The lyrics are as follows: "I love my peeps, I love my bum-bum." "Peeps" is the word he uses for his you-know-what. Yeah, isn't that a sweet song? The kids swear he came up with it all by himself and they had nothing to do with it. I tried not to laugh, but of course all the kids were dying laughing so now it's his favorite little ditty. Can't wait til we have polite company over. Boys.

9 comments:

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

I've missed you. I've been checking every few hours for a big ry bday post the last few days.

Ben's song is so so funny.

I don't know if most kids are like this, but Oliver is a major stinkerer. He'll be sitting on your lap and you'll feel and here an eruption for 4 or 5 seconds. When this used to happen, Reba used to say "Stink-a-rama" so now he says "teen-toe-wama" whenever he does it. Still, not as embarrassing as Bennie's song.

Eliza said...

Thank you ange, I too have been compulsively checking and i finally was rewarded! I love abby's prayer, your commentary is so funny, "she's good but not that good" lol. Yea for Brennan putting up the lights that is so awesome! I am sure when we do have a house that will be an issue, even though I did all of the decorating it is still hard on josh because it gets glitter or "sparkles" everywhere, and I guess there is NOTHING worse than glitter. so funny about benny, I'll be waiting for a post about him doing at church in the middle of sacrament or something. chris, so cute about ollie! Abe is very victorian/ big ry about it and pretends it never happened. and when he burps he says "scuse you mom" awesome.

Macy said...

YEah, for Brennan! Your kids were telling us on the way to bowling that he can't put the lights up this year because his back has been bugging him. So even with bad back, that guy! nice work!

Cole and Kelly said...

So I am having technical difficulties too. My computer just wouldn't turn on yesterday and the other day I tried to change my blog background and now it is white. I have to wait for my sister in law to fix it. And I am still planning on blogging Halloween when I get around to it....hope all is well and for the first time in a long time Cole doesn't have to put up lights (we told the kids it's not our house) and he is soooooo happy

Braden Bell said...

Oh Ange, good to have you back again, pictures or no pictures. I love Abby's prayer. Perfect. Smart kid. Your story about Nate is so funny. That is such a major boy thing. Jeff , like Oliver, is a pretty major stinkerer. He loves it. It makes him laugh and laugh and laugh.

Rebecca said...

Not to mention that Oliver's stinkers smell as bad (or worse) than Davis' and they liiinnnggerr. I had him with me at a primary meeting the other day and the smell would not go away! I love Abby's prayer- she's a sly little one! Props to Brennan- I think I would HATE that job, too.

Jo said...

I'm so impressed w/Brennan getting the lights up, unasked. What next!? That is SUCH an Abby comment! And Bennie-- what a BOY.

Is your new background hard for anyone else to make out the words against, or is it just my eyes or my computer? I have the same trouble with Ryan and Macy's.

islandmom said...

Hey there! Are you connecting with a USB cord? If you are, it might be going bad, try another cord or another port. You can email me and I can try troubleshooting if that doesn't work.

Grandma W said...

I went into your blog yesterday and had a very difficult time reading it. I have a birthday coming up soon but I didn't think I would get old "that fast". I missed reading your blog because I knew you would have a great post.

Congrats to Brennan. His dad hates to put up lights too. He's good about everything else; but those Christmas lights never get up.

I think your Benny is going to be a great initiator in your family. Abby's prayer was honest and yes let Santa know for sure that you are open to presents this year. Smart little girl.