We kicked off Christmas Eve at my parents with several of my siblings and their families and Davis and his FIANCE!!!!, Melissa. We had a beautiful turkey dinner and then watched a short little nativity video and then did a sing-along to "Hallelujah Chorus" which is always fun. The kids opened their jammies and we went home to be Santa's little elves. We tucked the kids in and most of them were tired enough to drift off to sleep, but poor little Anna only slept a couple of hours. The rest of the night she spent watching the clock for 7:00 am when they can come get us and begin the present opening. Brennan couldn't sleep either so he went downstairs to check on the girls around 1:00 and when he discovered Anna wide awake stayed down there with her for an hour or so and chatted. That was definitely a Christmas highlight for him. Mine was sleeping soundly in my bed :)
Nate in his new jammies
Ben and Abe aka trouble and more trouble
(These two felt Christmas wasn't quite white enough so upon discovering a box with Styrofoam in it ripped it into tiny little balls all over my mom's stairs and basement)
Abby and Anna
The girls came up at 7:00 sharp and woke Nate and Ben up. They had to wait anxiously in the hall while Brennan and I put a few finishing touches together (i.e. turn on the lights, start a fire, get the camera ready etc). Not like the seemingly 90 minute torture my mom used to put us through on Christmas morning. I'm pretty sure Dad went out and chopped the firewood and started it with some rocks, and Mom saved 435 candles to light for the occasion :) Anyway, we finally gave the go-ahead and they raced in to find their shiny new bikes and several wrapped presents. We took turns opening everything and the kids gave the perfect reactions to each carefully thought-out gift. Ben was a little bothered to have his play interrupted each time it was his turn to open a new one, but he got over it. He pulled an orange out of his stocking and started yelling, "Who wants my strawberry????" Here are a few shots of that morning:
Waiting in the hall
10 comments:
I love your kids.. they are so cute...
so glad you guys are making more!!
LOL
Glad you got home safe and sound, I'm a big huge chicken in snow.
Sounds like a wonderful Merry Christmas and a fun time for all.....
Those are wonderful pictures and comments. I must admit that I can now say after my rant and Halen asking me, "Mommy, do you still hate Christmas?" I loved Christmas. It was so wonderful and worth all the whining and crying, but if only we could do without, that would be even better, eh?
We were snowed in at my sister-in-law's and ended up spending the night. It was a great Christmas.
Merry Christmas! Your kids are so cute. It was great seeing Brennan the other day, we really need to get together. I think our parents were chopping wood together because it took mine forever too.
Fun pictures of your kids at Christmas. Looks like Abigail also got an American Girl Doll for Christmas, so did Abbey (she was so excited)! Call us if Abigail wants to come over and play sometime this week.
Ok, did I miss an announcement? I just read the first comment on this post!
"AKA trouble and more trouble"--LOL!!! Good times!
It was a good, fun-filled Christmas. Thanks for letting us bombard you that morning.
fun times. love your pictures. oh and thanks for including benny in the trouble category. : )
Post a Comment