We had a nice trip down South to spend Thanksgiving with some of Brennan's family. We left Tuesday afternoon and got to make a delivery of floor finish to a grocery store for Brennan's job. The kids loved going in the back of the store and felt very official. We finally arrived at Grandma Jamie's and Grandpa John's around 9:00pm. They have a beautiful, comfortable home and we were happy to be welcomed by their hospitality. Wednesday afternoon Brennan took off to reunite with his two boyhood best friends, Karl and Jameson. They met up for some golf, dinner, movie and chatting. Brennan loves these two and had a great time catching up with them. The kids and I hung out with John and Jamie and anticipated the big day. Thursday we helped (a little, John and Jamie did all the real work) get ready for our feast and happily greeted Brennan's brother, Brett. The nine of us had a lovely meal and it was easy to feel very thankful.
Brennan's mom, Jamie

Brennan and Anna, post feast

Brennan's brother, Brett

Nate and Abby anxiously waiting for the big meal
Later that day several members of Brennan's extended family stopped by for a fun visit. His aunt Launa never forgets my undying love for divinity without nuts and brought me some. It was fabulous. It was wonderful seeing them all, especially Brennan's Grandma.
Here's aunt Launa getting a spontaneous hug from Ben

Uncle Dixon wearing Abby's pilgrim hat

Friday morning we got up, packed up and headed to one of B's cousin's soccer tournament. We caught the last half and helped cheer them to a victory and then loaded up for our long drive home. It actually went pretty fast. We're so grateful for John and Jamie for taking such great care of us and putting up with all our noise.
5 comments:
So that is what Brennan would like with long hair! You have such an amazing spirit about you Andrea. I can even feel it when I am reading your posts! Love to keep connected with you through your blog! When are you planning a trip to the sunshine? Troy hasn't golfed in ages. It would be a good excuse -- Kelly will have a big enough house to hold you sometime soon I am sure!!
I can't leave a comment on the video of Benny for some reason, so I'll leave it here: that is awesome. And his fake pouting reminds me of Melissa.
So happy you were able to get the Thanksgiving pictures on your blog. I enjoyed seeing pictures of Brett, Jamie,John, Dixon and Launa. Yes, Brennan and Jamerson go way way back. They use to make mischief together. Ha Ha. I loved Anna's clever outfit. Who other than Anna would have thought of it.
Mike and Terri were really sorry they missed you on your way back home. The good cheer and friendship was certainly there and that is what counts.
Their house does look so beautiful and cozy. Sounds like you guys had a great trip.
Divinity without nuts, yummo!
Post a Comment