Friday, December 19, 2008

More Festive Fashion

I feel like my kids are certainly rich little characters, but I feel doubly blessed by the addition of their friends. Their friends like Chloe and Abby's best friend, Paige, have definitely added even more color to our lives. Yesterday Abby was playing at Paige's and Abby came home and retold the following conversation:

Abby: Paige, ever since we started 2nd grade you've been dressing really fancy.

Paige: Abby, fashion is becoming part of my life. (Begins skipping around humming "Popular").

LOL, these two crack me up. Paige told Abby all about what she was wearing to school tomorrow for their big class Christmas party. Abby came home and enlisted the very enthusiastic help of Anna to find something "fancy" to wear the next day. Anna got right to work and after lending Abby a skirt and leggings decided she would design the perfect shirt. She got right to it with wrapping paper, tape and scissors. Nate even got into the process and suggested she add a little glitter. Anna kept saying, "Nate! You are BRILLIANT!" She also said things like, "Abby, make sure you tell everyone that I made this for you." She finished her masterpiece and then made one for herself.

Here are the very festive original designs for your viewing pleasure:


15 comments:

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

LOL. These kids all talk like fancy Nancy. I can't believe the creativity you guys have just bouncing off the walls around there.

Both girls look verrrry fancy.

Cheryl said...

can I get me one of those outfits? They could start an online business!

Eliza said...

LOL. oh my word that is hilarious. In what context did abby retell that conversation? did she know it was funny? i love the brilliant thing, wow so artistic and fancy.

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

As long as your ok getting anonymous envelopes of cash in your mailbox from concerned school parents who don't know the real story.

Jo said...

LOLOL Chris!

They are so cute and clever Ange. Precious!

Brynn said...

Someday when Anna has her fashion line in NYC, I can't wait to say I am related to a real visionary. Clearly Paige has nothing on these girls when it comes to elementary fashion!

Braden Bell said...

Anna is really amazing. Tell her I've got a job for her whenever she wants it. Love that "fancy" word. Nothing quite says unsophisticated outsider like calling something someone else owns "fancy," does it.

Grandma W said...

I love the family spirit your children express. It's that "family thing" that is so touching. God did bless you with four bright and beautiful children. Because of you, we get to grow up with them. I feel privileged. Merry Christmas to you All!!!!

Shannon said...

I love hearing about and seeing Anna's designs. That just sounds right, doesn't it? Anna's designs.

Rebecca said...

I am literally laughing out loud, something I don't do very often. Hilarious. You are such a good mom for even letting them wear that to school. I love that "fashion is becoming part of my life" line- a real gem.

Lisa said...

I'm dying here! I just can't get over how funny your girls are. It's great that you're taking pictures so you'll have something to show their prom dates. :)

Critt & Britt said...

Ang, that is awesome!!! I love it!! that is so cute. Isn't it the best to watch the crazy imaginations of these little ones? It was nice to see you a couple times this month. It has been a while. I enjoyed chatting with you at steph's. nat said, " I was glad we got to sit by Andrea. She is always so fun to talk to." I would have to agree. Merry Christmas!!!

Grandma W said...

12/25/08 Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I had a lot of catching up to do. Love the "designer outfits." I've always commented on how creative they are. I love the fact that they all work together. I love watching and listening to them create and play.

We will all be saying some day that we knew Anna when. . . She will be a big designer. Abby can be psychologist since she is so observant of people's feelings, they are all so creative it's exciting to think of what they will grow up to be. With such a wonderful Mom and Dad, they can't miss.

Love you all!!!
I did get a kick out of Christian's comments.

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Too cute. That is such a funny story!