I let the boys fill two little plastic containers with water to jump their cars in from the kitchen table. Needless to say, despite my efforts with towels there was still water everywhere when they finished I said "What a big mess!" Ben said, "huh?" so I said "What a big mess" again. We did that a couple of times before he finally put his little hand in front of him, palm up and said, "What dat mean?" Why do so many kids do that with their hands when asking a question? I rarely see adults do it. They must have some natural instinct to shrug their shoulders and turn out their hands. What a great instinct.
The other day I was at a little gathering and the topic of blogging came up and one of the ladies said, "I just do NOT have time for that, I mean I have kids!" I have a couple of problems with what she said. First off I just don't buy the "I don't have time"thing. I mean there probably are some people who honestly don't have the time, but I think those women are the exception rather than the rule. Most all of us moms fit the things in that are priorities to us whether it's scrapbooking, talking on the phone, obsessively cleaning, shopping, blogging or reading, watching tv, crafting, or whatever there's usually something. My point is if a mom doesn't have time to blog, rarely is it just because she has kids. The second problem with that statement is why would she say it to several other woman who just said that they did blog AND have children? I bit my tongue and resisted saying, "Well I find if I just don't feed my kids I have plenty of time for blogging." I can't help but think it was more of a statement directed at us than her. I don't like that. Don't worry, I still really like this woman and while I felt a little judged, I don't feel bad. I just wish we didn't all (yes, I do it too) assume that things people do differently from us are somehow wrong or less important than what we do. End of rant.
I just ordered this arrangement of "All Creatures of Our God and King" for our ward choir to sing for Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure they'll sound just like this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that is so cute of ben, I can just picture him doing that. That is a good point, so funny that little kids do that, where did they get that? oh no she di-unt (can you tell thats my favorite phrase lately), seriously though ew the nerve of some people! ruude.
You're such a patient, tolerant mom. I don't think I'd let Oliver play with water anywhere but outside. I've had some people say the same thing to me about blogging. i just don't know what to say about that... "do you write in your journal?"
Wow Andrea, you're really giving my senses a rush today. GORGEOUS SONG!
I would be speechless at that lady's comment. I just can't wrap my mind around doing that intentionally.
Yes, they will sound like that under your inspired, fearless leadership.
Post a Comment