I've participated in two movie clip parties, one at my friend Shauna's house and one with my family at my house. Both times were so much fun. Shauna's sister, Kami the blogger extraordinaire, had the brilliant idea to do it via blog. I'm feeling you-tubey today, so here are some of my favorite movie clips.
After viewing and appreciating my fine taste in movie clips then if you feel like posting some let me know so I can come view yours.
First one from my youth:
I'm a sucker for musicals. I think my friends and I were seniors when we saw this and I'll always remember how completely smitten we were. This is also a favorite clip because it reminds me of a certain brother of mine who can do a killer "Newsies" dance impression. Great stuff.
Okay this next one is well, it's got Cary Grant in it and that's just enough.
Maybe a little cheezy, but you have to admit especially when you know the rest of the story, very romantic.
From one of my favorites:
I love that Elinor, the strong one, the one who holds everyone else together so unselfishly totally loses it in such an unglamorous, genuinely just overwrought sort of way. LOVE it.
This last one is long, but worth all 6 minutes. I think this is one of the most powerful movie scenes ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
oh soooo good, I am so craving a good movie now Ohh that sense and sensibility and an affair to remember one made me cry but the good, heart is so cheesily happy cry love the newsies, so funny and awesome that were such succers for boys dancing and singing. and the to kill a mockingbird, wow so amazing! great choices, I'll get on it, although you covered a lot of my favorites.
I love that scene from "To Kill a Mockingbird" and the last one when they all stand as Aticus leaves the courtroom. I get goose bumbs! How fun to watch those, I need to play.
Andrea, what a treat!!! Thanks for that great experience.
I thrilled to the Newsies singing and dancing (and to my memory of said wanabe Newsies brother). The Affair to Remember scene made me cry. SO romantic. So Cary Grant.
I had forgotten that Sense and Sensibility scene. So poignant. How I hate to cry that way-- especially if anyone else is around!
Also, haven't seen the Atticus/Scout scene for a long time. Powerful. I'm overdue for watching that one.
My compliments on your taste--impeccable!
Andreas, You are a woman after my own heart. I tried to put that clip on, but couldn't quite manage it yet. It is my favorite movies ever! Thanks.
I have to admit I have never seen To Kill A Mockingbird, but that scene made me want to. Got to love Newsies! I remember going to the movie theaters for that one. That is cute about Ben asking what that meant. Kinnie holds her hands up to when I ask a question but I have to admit that I kind of exaggerated my hands when I asked a question...So maybe kids get it from people like me.
i've never heard of a movie clip party. that's a super fun idea. my dad is always getting the funniest clips from the others that he works with and he shows me and we laugh our heads off.
Thanks Andrea, for joining the "party"! ;) I too love that scene from To Kill a Mockingbird. Such classics you chose. Ooohh Cary Grant! :)
Scout reminds me of Abby.
I know a guy who named his daughter Scout. I kind of love it.
I'm the brother, who can do the killer dance, right?
Good one Brade!
I loved the "To Kill a Mockingbird" clip, It's my favorite book of all time. I just started reading Sense and Sensibility last week even though I have loved Pride and Predjudice forever. You have such great taste!
I loved all of those scenes. All such great movies. Thanks for posting such great clips. What a great idea.
The Affair to Remember brought me to tears, Ange. Great clips.
Post a Comment