Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's Time to Dance - Again!


Some of you will remember that Chloe (Anna's bff) and Anna started a dance class for some neighborhood girls 2 years ago. They just teach the girls a few dances for a few weeks and then put on a recital. It's a little bit of an adventure, but just try and hold this pair back. They (mostly Chloe) are amazingly organized and assertive and leave no detail unplanned. The anticipation of this has kept them busy and excited for months now. This year they've expanded to two classes, one for 7-8 year olds and one for 4-6 year olds. Today, right now, I have a basement full of 7-8 year olds for the first class. It's all very exciting. I am so grateful for the willingness of our neighborhood moms to support this endeavor. The little girls love it and the moms really have been so enthuiastically supportive. I'm also grateful for a basement that I don't really care what happens to.






10 comments:

Braden Bell said...

Wow! There is something about that basement that inspires kids to be artistic entepreneurs. I love that picture with Anna holding the clipboard. That is awesome. You go, girls!

Shauna said...

So fun for them, that is pretty cute that all the mom's are so supportive.

Catherine Noorda said...

that is funny. i used to do that with my sisters. except we did plays with neigborhood kids, and fake school. dance is way more fun.

go little entrepreneurs!

Eliza said...

wow 12 bucks? the price is rising with their expertise. ; ) so cute, its such a win win situation (except for you), I'm sure the moms love having a break, the girls love having the cute older girls pay attention to them, and anna and chloe get to their creative energy out.

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

So. Freaking. Funny. I can't get enough of this stuff. How much did it cost last year? How many girls have enrolled this year?

Rebecca said...

I really think this is so cute. these moms are getting a deal- $12 for babysitting for a whole month and a half! (Not to mention a cute recital and stuff):)

Andrea W. said...

Braden, so true I had failed to connect the significance of this particular basement.

Yeah the price has gone up because this year I opted out of sewing tutus for all of their pupils and they'll be buying some with the bulk of their money. They should still do okay because they've had a great response with registration. Yesterday they had about 10 girls in the older class.

Rebecca, I agree it's not a bad babysitting gig and that's why the Mom's love it because they know Anna and Chloe go to great lengths to make it fun for the girls. It is a pain for them though because our neighborhood is so spread out they have to drive them and pick them up and for an hour that's almost not worth it.

Macy said...

So fun! This so reminds me of my childhood too. My mom actually put a ballet bar in our basement for this purpose...that is your next project Ange. You know with all your spare time. Sad that we don't live closer...Lucy would love this!!

Cheryl said...

Andrea,
I feel the same about having you back in my life! I really miss you. We had some good times! I also feel the same way when I look at Anna! I can't believe those kids are getting so big. I still have visions of them finding eachother later on in life and David calling to tell me about this amazing girl Anna he is dating and I get to tell him that he has actually been betrothed to her since before he could crawl! Also, thanks for loving my backsplash! I love it too. :-)

Jo said...

Oh those two are unbelieveable! If as adults they team up somehow the world had better just get out of their way!