Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Things They Say (and do)

This morning I went out to water my garden and shortly thereafter Nate came out. When he saw me he sternly said, "Mom, you can't just go outside without asking anyone!" It's good to be missed. Also, lately he's in that letter phase where he'll just list random letters and ask me what they spell. It's so confusing and frustrating for him when often I have to explain that those letters don't really spell a word. He also says, "Mom, can I have a B-R-E?" which can mean anything from an otter pop to a friend over and if I have to ask what he means it's highly offensive to him. We love Nate.

We have a song we like to sing along which goes "cool, cool water running down your face". Today Nate sang that very phrase and Abby said, "Nate, it's not 'cool, cool water!'" Nate and I both looked at her and asked what she thought it said, she was suddenly sheepish and giggled as she sang, "cuckoo, cuckoo wah-wah". We love Abby.

Ben is still very much attached to his "beep" (binky) and we've recently lost several and are down to one which is just asking for trouble. To remedy this precarious situation I bought a couple more the other day, but couldn't find his usual kind and the new ones are significantly smaller than he's used to. Today after a fruitless search for the "one" I gave him one of the new ones. He put it in his mouth and then immediately furrowed his brow and said, "MOM, not wuhking! (working)" He noticed the difference. We love Ben.

Anna and Chloe spent an entire afternoon dressing up themselves and my other kids. They also carefully applied make up to each other and Abigail and then had a photo shoot. We love Anna. Here are the results:



The sporty look

Working it


Can you see the coaching in the reflection?

Quite a team

working it, part II

model gone wild

a little coaching

note the wardrobe change on Ben.

8 comments:

Eliza said...

wow where do I even start? nate is as cute as they come, love his worry for you. ben did not say that??? holy cow that is amazing and so funny and so crappy for you. love love love the pictures especially abby working it, wow those girls are either headed for a lot of trouble/mischief or great things. :)

Braden Bell said...

Aweseome, Ange. Cuckoo, cuckoo wannah---whatever is classic Abby to me. The whole world has their way and she has hers. Keep dreamin' Abby. Don't let the the man tell you how it's done.
Totally with Lize on headed for trouble or geat things. Big time.

Cami Bruschke said...

It's so fun to see your kids - they're so big! It's so great being able to keep up with old friends through blogging.

Amy said...

Andrea-
I am answering you back from my memory tag... I remember meeting you the first day of school when we started going to Knowlton... We still lived in Napolean Dynamite's house is Centerville and you said you lived by my new house. I also being afraid of you because you said you were the Primary Pres. Haha Then my mom went to lunch with Brennan's mom and told me that I needed to look you up. So cute. I am glad we found each other, but more importantly I am glad you knew I would be a terrible primary teacher!

Rebecca said...

Gosh, I remember so well doing that as a kid. Abby's pose is priceless.

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

"Mom, not wuhkking" is hilarious. So is Henry's pose. She always cracks me up in pictures. She doesn't know how to smile and always has on a funny serious face.

davis@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Abby's outfit is cutting edge.

Grandma W said...

I am so impressed by your amazing family. They play together and work together so beautifully. You MUST be doing "something right". Ha Ha Great mothering, for sure.