We have a playgroup with some of my aunts and cousins and all our kids, of course. We take turns planning something usually fairly low key and always free. Eliza was in charge this week and had us meet at a nearby park. This park has a little stream and it's really big and there are lots of trees, it's really pretty. She had all the kids bring all their water weapons so they could have a gigantic water fight (which no matter what we plan it usually ends in a water fight of some kind).
Jocelyn, Nate, Joe, Harris, Halen and Abby
Evidently Ben was a little pooped
Anyway, it was so much fun. I got there a little late because of swimming lessons around 12:30 and left at 5:00 pm. I can't believe we stayed that long, but it was so nice. The kids played so well, they were totally entertained by each other and the water. They ranged in ages 7 months to 14, but they all played together. Ben wandered back and forth checking in with me and joining the big kids. Some of the little ones slept in their Moms' arms. We moms sat in the shade and chatted to our hearts content. We laugh a lot, this week we got pretty deep and really bonded over some pretty trying things. I love these women. It's a group that I feel like I'm a better person just for being in their presence. This week consisted of Eliza, Mandolin, Sevana, Allyson, Megan and Liane. It was perfect in its simplicity, the kids were in heaven and we moms got to forget all the craziness, all the running around, and just enjoy the moment -- cuddling a little one, watching our kids' happiness, and feeling understood and loved by this most amazing group. Good times!
7 comments:
You're so lucky to have a great extended family that you can do this with! And I didn't realize how amazing it is for kids to have cousins around until I moved here. How fun for all of you to be able to build these relationships!
Ange, what a great write-up. You make me feel like I was there.
Pretty amazing group, Ange--three generations and Chris's daughters and step-daughters. I think that is remarkable and wonderful that beyond just getting together, which would be terrific, you shared and loved each other and each others' children. I'm really touched by the sweetness of it. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
glory. That playgroup saved my life. I am so so glad it lasted so long.
I always lived away from family my entire married life, so I truly enjoy reading about you and your family. My children did not get to meet and be with their cousins until they were older. I can see they missed out on one of the best parts of life. I see you cherish this group and rightfully so!
WHAT. THE. HUD. IS. YOUR. PROBLEM.
I love days like that! We have a park like that by us and we just did the same thing when cousins were in town (we don't all live by each other like you lucky people!).
Post a Comment