
Then they announced that they would like to "do me a favor and take care of dinner for me." I was trying to get more information out of them but they were insisting on everything being top secret. Just then Brennan came home a little early to pack for his Scout trip so I seized the opportunity to run some errands alone. When I got home I was quickly escorted into the dining room along with Brennan and seated at the table.
This was the appetizer prepared by Abby and Nate
This was our meal, ramen noodles with the broth on the side, some Parmesan cheese and delicious toast and Koolaid.
They then shut the doors and kept shewing Nate and Ben out so we could have a romantic dinner for two complete with romantic background music. Here is what we were served. It was actually really good. They also fed the kids, but made them eat at the kitchen table. It was sooooo nice to come home from shopping to having dinner totally taken care of.
I was impressed at what they came up with given they were basically limited to the microwave and toaster. Having girls be the oldest is working out great for us!
15 comments:
That is so sweet! I love the goldfish course!
That appetizer is hilarious, and so nice of Chloe and Anna to let abby and nate do it. On the way to our house today Nate actually told me all about this little dinner they all had made for you guys last night , and that they served broth. I was a little confused , but now understand. It is great to have girls come first...for some reason I don't see Rex whipping us up any romantic dinners in his lifetime.
BTW, I am so happy you are so into the Food Network, but really surprised too.
btw, this is macy
I was with you until you said "It was actually really good." Nice try, Tonya.
I love it, Ange. The broth on the side cracked me up--that must have been the food channel influence.
so funny and cute. What sweet girls! I love the appetizer! send them over to my house any time.
That is so sweet and so cute. For a sec there, I thought you were going to tell us they made something on the show!
so funny. at first i thought the stuff on the cracker was caviar and I was super impressed with those girls. You have some funny, imaginative kids.
Also impressed Brennan was willing to eat some flippin meal made by a bunch of flippin kids.
Actually, Nate told me they made Brennan's favorite food which is broth. lol.
LOL Dave! Ange, I loved the pictures of your feast. Wow-- I predict that in a few more years, the rest of us had better either be "with them" or get out of their way!
That is the funniest dinner ever. How thoughtful of them. Cute!
So cute. Are those raisins or bugs on the cracker? Just checking. What a fun thing for them and you.
So cute! I need to tell my girls about this idea!
These kids come up with the most delightful ideas. I really enjoy what Anna and Chloe dream up. Stephen Mulcock is ding with jealousy. Broth on the side? Somebody's thinking!!
I love the way your children think!!!!
Everybody wants a boy first; but daughters are a luxury. Wait until they get older. They will be cooking all the time and you will be love'n it.
So adorable! What a treat to eat alone with your husband!
Post a Comment