Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Fathers' Day!



I am the incredibly lucky daughter of the man above. He's truly a remarkable man and one of my biggest blessings. One of my favorite things about my dad is how expressive he is. He is so quick to express love and praise me. He's a great thinker and teacher and I'm amazed at all he managed to teach some often less than receptive kids. I live in the home my parents lived in for over 20 years and probably every couple of months someone at church mentions my Dad and how much he touched them through his teaching or service. He, like his father was, is a genuine people person and reaches out to people of all kind. We've associated with many colorful characters because of Dad's kindness. Many people beyond just his family recognize his wisdom, goodness and spiritual insight and seek his counsel. He's one of mine and Brennan's most trusted and helpful advisers. Lately, I've watched as he and my Mom have completely devoted their lives to God, their kids, parents, and community. I couldn't have a better example than my parents, and a more wonderful Dad than him. I love you, Dad! Happy Fathers' Day!






This is a pretty great group, huh? I'm not sure how I got such an amazing Dad for me and my kids. Brennan has been such a great person to parent with. He's extremely devoted to our kids and each of our kids knows they are adored by their Dad. He loves them and expresses it, he's affectionate, he plays with them, etc. Sometimes one of our kids gets in a state that I can't deal with. Not just because I'm out of patience (which I usually am in those situations), I honestly can't get through to them to help them. Brennan has an ability to calm them down and reason with them. I don't know what I'd do without him. I love Brennan! Happy Fathers' Day!



Here's what our kids think:


What's your favorite thing to do with Dad?:

Anna: Play "care bear" (a game he made up), hide n' go seek, tag, and go camping with him (they slept in the tent in our backyard last night.).
Abby: Play games and go places fun.
Nate: Cuddle with him and wrestling with him and going places with him.


How does Dad make you laugh?:

Anna: sometimes his hair is crazy, he does weird funny things.
Abby: Tickles me and teases me.
Nate: When he tickles me on the armpit and when he tricks me.


How do you know Daddy loves you?

Anna: Everything he does.
Abby: He says it and he hugs me and plays with me.
Nate: Cause he plays with me.


How do you feel about Dad?:

Anna: I think he's the best Dad in the world, and I love him very much!
Abby: I love him so much and he's really nice and he's the best daddy in the world.
Nate: I love him about that (arms spread way out) big.

As for Ben, well every time he needs to be changed, or put to bed or helped in anyway and Brennan's around he says, "Daddy do it!" Ben loves his Daddy.


5 comments:

Becky, yep said...

What a great Father's day post idea...get the true critics opinion!
I love your blog and can't wait to meet you this summer!

Greg said...

Thanks for the very, very kind words, Ange. You are a doll.

And how beautifully right on you are about Brennan. Where did he come from? He just knows how to be a dad, doesn't he. It is a treat to see him love those little ones. And you capture him perfectly!

What more can a father ask than to have his children know that he loves them. This will be so important to you all as their lives become more complicated: They know their daddy loves them. Priceless!

Jo said...

Loved your tributes, Andrea! Arent' we blessed that we and our kids get to have for Dads, men who are good and true, and whose lives set great examples? Greg and Brennan bless our lives in so many ways!

Eliza said...

wow how perfectly you summed up each great but so totally different guys, they do have one thing in common though and that is they are both incredibly sweet dads.

Bobbi said...

..."sometimes his hair is crazy, he does weird things... when he tricks me..." Does Brennan ever read your blog? But knowing him, I sure it doesn't bother him a bit!! :) What a fun dad he is!