Sunday, June 22, 2008

Family Reunion!

We just got back from a wild and crazy weekend with my parents and all my siblings and their families. We haven't all been together for 3 and 1/2 years so it was high time and so much fun. We booked 4 condos for the 28 of us and after a few adventures arrived Thursday evening. We ate a wonderful dinner then went for a swim.


Anna, Victoria and Abigail

Zach, Rex and Nate

Attempted human pyramid

Oh so close, but ultimately failure.

Then a few of my brothers felt the need to jump over things. Here's Christian:




Untitled from Andrea W. on Vimeo.
And Ryan:



Untitled from Andrea W. on Vimeo.
The next day we got up and headed to the lake. We rented a boat and played and played all day long. After a 15 year or so hiatus I attempted water-skiing. It wasn't pretty, but I did get up and am still very very sore.


Melissa, Molly and Davis

Mom
Molly
Victoria
Josh and Belle
My Mom gave the little kids these hats and Oliver would not take his off the rest of the day.

After another yummy dinner we had a talent show! Here are just a few shots of that fun.

Rex and Nate light-saber fighting
Anna showing her design skills
Abby doing a dance
Davis and Ryan singing.

Lastly here's a video of Christian's talent. He came a little unprepared and so performed a little impromptu interpretive dance. Enjoy.

Untitled from Andrea W. on Vimeo.


The next morning we got up, packed up, and went to a park for a big soccer game. After that we drove home, napped and met up again for family photos, perhaps the biggest adventure of all! I hope some of them turned out.

We are so grateful we all got to be together and have so much fun. It doesn't get better than family. Thank you all of you who traveled so far to be with us and worked so hard to make it all happen. We love you all!

9 comments:

Eliza said...

wow, I'm so glad you got that video of chris dancing, good stuff. cute pics, that was a very good recap of a fabulously fun weekend.

Shauna said...

Your family looks like so much fun!

jeffers said...

That is fun to see a Bell family vacation in action. Andrea and Brennan it's great to see what an amazing family you guys have and to read about some of the things going on in your lives!

Andrea W. said...

Shauna, I want to hear all about your trip!

Jeffers, who are you? Is this Jeff Nielsen?

Jo said...

Andrea, I loved the pictures and the commentary! Such good times!

I heard something on your footage of the table/chair jumping that sounded a lot like "idiot brothers".

So glad you captured Chris' dance. Is there some t.v. show that has a category for interpretive dance? If so, this guy's got a real future!

*Monica* said...

Oh my gosh, I needed that laugh!! Everytime I'm feeling frustrated I am going to watch the clip of Chris dancing.

jeffers said...

Yes, this is Jeff Nielson. I was on the skutch site and from there I came across Macy and Ryan's blog and then from there hit Davis' and yours as well as your parents. Thoroughly enjoyed them.

Rebecca said...

Great summation, Ange. Don't know if I could top that...Love the pic of Ollie's hat!

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Probably better take that last video down.