Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Birthday, Brennan!



Guess who's 37 today? Woo hoo, happy happy birthday Brennan, dear! I kind of can't believe how old we're getting. Of course, he's MUCH older than me. :) I love this picture because you can tell he's saying something sarcastic the moment I'm taking the picture. You can also tell he's amused and that's because no one amuses Brennan like Brennan. I love it. The other reason I enjoy this picture is because of below:


This is actually the bottom part of the photo which shows us Brennan's current favorite foot fashion. I'm not sure it's legal to use the word fashion in association with this look, but this is what my husband wears everywhere other than church and work. Date nights, neighborhood parties, errands etc. He claims it's so comfortable. I can't see how in the world it could possibly be comfortable to have sock crammed in between your toes. He hates being barefoot and has the most lily white feet I have EVER seen.

The thing is, I have had so many wives ask why on earth I let him wear this strange footwear phenomenon out of the house. It has never occurred to me not to, okay maybe a couple of times it did; but this is precisely what I love about Brennan. He is his own man, he could care less about false impressions, he laughs and shrugs off the comments he gets, and he's full of quirks.

Brennan is kind, generous, tender-hearted, funny and always fun. You always know exactly where you stand with him. He doesn't play games with people, what you see is what you get. He's incredibly loyal and has a way of being super direct while still making people feel comfortable and loved. He's truly one of a kind and I'm so grateful he was born and that I get to be married to him. I love Brennan!

11 comments:

Macy said...

What a cute post , Ange. Happy Birthday Brennan. We are so glad you are in the Bell family.

Eliza said...

wow that picture is great, I can just hear his voice saying something like "gen-u-ine, or mauncle, water pool, snow blizzard, etc etc. lol seriously what would we do without brennan, our family would be so boring, he adds so much and I am so glad he is my brother in law. Happy birthday Bren, you are such a great guy and we love you so much!

and lol about the socks, too bad it wasn't accompanied by some paper shorts.

Shauna said...

From the stories you have told, it sounds like there is never a dull moment with Brennan. Sounds like he is a great guy, Happy Birthday.

Jo said...

Great tribute to Brennan, Ange! I too am so thankful that he was born, and ended up in our family. He is truly one-of-a-kind, and is so refreshing.

I love his fashion independence, which is representative of his confidence and tendency to "be his own man" in many other areas. Happy b-day Brennan. We love you!

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I loved the first picture of him, then I saw the flip socks picture and lost it. Holy crap that is so handsome. Good for Bren.

Happy b-day Bren. One of my absolute top favorite people in the world.

Rebecca said...

Happy B-day, Brennan! Wow- that sock combo is something else. Props to you, Ange for letting that go on. So true about him being able to be so direct, but unable to offend anyone if he tried.

KRISTIN BELL said...

First of all... my heart hurts for your fashion faux pas!!
second.. Happy Birthday! You are so much fun! We love when we get to be around you!

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Great post, Ange. Happy Birthday to Brennan, a fantastic, fun, easy to be around guy. Brennan's one of those rare people that you can never be awkward around, and he's always good times. Good to have him around.

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Couldn't help notice that dad hasn't commented about how great Bren is. Dis. Your silence stings, Senator.

Greg said...

I'm proud of you, Brenn. I'm trying to work out my own fashion independence, but I'm shy, so I just wear a few innovations around home. I'll roll them out soon.

Brenn is the greatest. I, too, love his self-confidence and frankness. What a great person he is...for so many reasons. We are truly grateful to have him in our family. What an addition.

Alesa Larsen said...

I will have you know I saw this look all over australia. So you can tell Brennan he is in fashion down under.