Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tag - Six Random Facts About Me

Finally getting to Liza's tag. Six random facts about me:

1. I'm so not an organized person EXCEPT about my social agenda. When there is something fun on the line I will spend untold hours making charts, spreadsheets, phone calls, sending emails, talking to anyone who will listen in anticipation. I can't seem to find time to mop the floor or even find the mop for that matter, but need help figuring out what to do for Memorial Day? I'm your gal! I wonder if I'm an extrovert.

2. That said, I'm so not the Amy, with the great spread of pewter serving dishes and a food-storage room full of fun dishes. Or Macy who makes everything pretty and festive. I feel like kind of a man in this regard, while I do notice and appreciate those pretty touches it's kind of an afterthought for me. Thank goodness I can call Macy to plan my food whenever it's my turn to host book club.

3. I like to think I'm a fairly open, tolerant person. I can be pretty non-judgmental and even kind of naively see the good in the worst of people UNLESS someone commits the cardinal sin of not trying at all to contribute to a conversation or gathering of some kind. Now I certainly don't mind people who are quiet, as long as I feel like they're engaged in someway. It's just those people who show no interest whatsoever that make me CRAZY. Rob a bank? No problem. Every word out of your mouth a lie? Come on over. A few murders in your past? Stay for dinner. Feeling bored and haven't laughed at one dang funny comment? GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! (I realize that I may have a problem, and yes I'm exaggerating a tinsy bit.)

4. I have a really weird and totally inconsistent little old lady streak of prudishness in me. There are many words that everyone in my generation uses that I simply cannot say. For example, "This really s_ _ _ _! or "That really p_ _ _ _ _ me off!" I HATE those words. (If you use those words, don't worry I won't judge you I recognize not everyone has a victorian woman possessing their body on random occasions.) There are a lot of words I can't say which makes it extremely difficult when I have to call the pediatrician because of intestinal difficulties in one my children or a rash in an unmentionable area.

5. I have the most uncool taste in music. Few things make me happier than singing along to Neil Diamond, Bette Midler, John Denver, Newsies and cheesy old showtunes. Oh and I'm TERRIBLE at remembering lyrics, so I sing the same line over and over again.

6. One unfulfilled dream of mine is to play "Lilly" in the musical "Secret Garden." I tried out once at a local theatre and got a call-back but didn't make it. Now I'm getting too old, sigh. Maybe in my next life.

I feel like Rebecca, Macy, Bobbi, Shauna, Shannon, Kelly and Amy need to play along and anyone else so inclined.

10 comments:

Macy said...

Ange, I love Lilly in the Secret Garden too. Erin and I were just talking about that musical, and how people don't give it enough credit, or more that alot of people don't know it. We were both saying how much we love the song "Wick". Anyway, interesting stuff about you. You crack me up.

Eliza said...

LOL! you kill me. I soooooooooooo relate/agree with #3. you don' have to be the life of the party, just a pulse, people!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

your #3 is funny! You are funny!

Becky, yep said...

I share your taste in music! Love all those groups!

I sure hope Shauna plays!

Shauna said...

I am so with you on those words. Saying something "_____ you off" so makes you sound like a redneck trucker or something. Very fun list and I will definitely play along.

Mandolin said...

Even though it's hard to find the time to sit down and write about these type of things, I thoroughly enjoyed reading them!!! I love how your personality shines through in your comments! Thank you so much also for the party the other night! I always know I can count on you to take care of me or others! You rock and so did that party!!!

Grandma W said...

Don't ever worry about dying from undelivered speech. You do a great job expressing yourself. Keep up the great work.

Jo said...

How fun to read these, Ange! I have personally witnessed the wrath of a person w/hardly a temper (you), unleashed against the people described in #3(not in person, of course). Funny.

Also, really funny about you having a "Victorian woman possessing your body". I'm afraid I do too, but I am a generation closer to the Victorian. You are a cutie!

Rebecca said...

i hope you haven't been angry at me for not contributing more to the bells' late-night talks! I have about 6 tags to catch up on- so i might be slow getting to it!

Amy said...

So much fun! I loved the "A few mirders in your past? Stay for dinner." I laughed! That was fun to read random things about you. You are darling!