Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers' Day to Me!

My mothers' day festivities began yesterday. Brennan sent me off for a pedicure with my Mom, my sister and sister-in-law. It was so much fun. It was my Mom's first time and was highly entertaining. Her massage chair was either not working correctly or my Mom had somehow put it on some really weird setting because the whole time we sat talking she was like being punched forward. She just smiled and chatted through it. Then when her pedicurist (is that what they're called?) was working on her feet with a pumice thing my mom kept yanking her foot away and giggling because it was tickling her. So funny. After our pedicures we went to bakery for a yummy treat and more chatting. It was such a great little outing to be with some of my favorite girls and get pretty feet. Later that night Brennan and I went out with our super fun friends, the Beechers. It was a great day!


Eliza, Mom, Me, and Macy


After sleeping in this morning I was was the happy recipient of my favorite breakfast in bed from my kids. Then I was showered with gifts. Here they are:


A portrait of me by Anna, isn't she good?





This sweet poem was on the back. She also added "Thank you for all you do for us. I really appreciate it! I love you very much." Then in small print "and when I say you're rude, I don't mean it."




This darling card is from Abby. Each of the flowers come out and have something she'll do for me on it. They say, "Make my bed." "Get dressed faster." "Do my chorse (chores)." "Claen my room." So cute!


This was Abby's gift. Her teacher took the photo and then Abby painted the frame. I love it!




Nate gave me this beautiful plant which he decorated in preschool.


Ben didn't make me anything but he has been singing this lately and a mother just can't ask for anything more.






Happy Birthday Benny Style from Andrea W. on Vimeo.

11 comments:

Josh said...

wow, awesome picture of me, the gag reflex stopped the throw up, luckily. but all ya'll look beautiful.
aww, those presents were darling. lol about anna doing the disclaimer for her calling you rude. I love that picture of abby, so adorable! I love benny's singing, so dang cute!

davis@dontdodumbthings.com said...

benny's facial expressions when he's singing are priceless.

Rebecca said...

the pedi looks so fun- wish I could have been there! Cute pics and cards from your kids. Love the poem.

Shauna said...

What a fun weekend you had, a pedicure sounds so nice.

Jo said...

Lize, (aka Josh), your picture is fine--how would you like to look like a pregnant grandma? Anyway, that WAS such a fun outing. What a delightful Mother's Day gift, to be with 3 of my favorite girls, AND have my feet tickled at the same time.

And I'm so glad you got pictures of the kids' gifts--they were really special!

BTW, When I watched the video of Benny's signature song, the sound was weird--kind of shaky. Did anyone else have that problem or is it just my computer?

Shannon said...

so cute. I love kids presents- they are the best

Bobbi said...

Sounds like a fun Mother's Day weekend! I love your hair--so cute!

Amy said...

I could be a pedicure junkie. I LOVE THEM! Brennan is so on top of things to start the festivities early. Your man rocks!

Greg said...

Ange, you are rich indeed. Thanks for sharing the gifts through pictures. It's worth so much to be able to see them. How I love you and your little family. Great writing.

Mandolin said...

Just adorable! You are well loved!

Grandma W said...

My how things have changed. When my kids were young all my Mother's Day gifts and cards were made out of construction paper and different forms of glue & pastas. You are indeed blessed to have such normal and loving children. All the results of a Mother's hard labors. Congratulations on your wonderful Mother's Day.