A book I read once talked about letting the small joyful moments of motherhood carry us through the many less-than-joyful times. I loved that piece of wisdom and find it to be so true. The reality of being a stay-at-home Mom is a lot of laundry, picking-up, carpooling, refereeing fights, etc. Even though the majority of my time is probably actually spent on the things I find un-enjoyable and hard I am amazed how far one little moment of pure joy and love can carry me through many hours and even days of the challenging stuff.
One such moment happened just a few minutes ago. As I was chasing Ben down to put him down for his nap I got a bad case of the hiccups. While I carried him into his room hiccups were sort of exploding from me which was the funniest thing on earth to him. He started laughing so hard which of course made me laugh hard. I hiccuped and giggled all through the songs we always sing at nap time and he snuggled into me laughing the whole time. Pure joy. That should last me for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Those times are the best and they do help you get through the mountains of laundry and dishes.
LOL, that is a funny image. I'm glad he's got such a great sense of humor.
cute! that is sooo true!
Oh, the Refereeing!
I need some serious hiccups!
so cute, ange.
Cherish these moments as they are short lived. My children are all in their 40's now. I look back at those days with tenderness and fondness. They all seem to come at once; but remember, they will all seem go at once.
The grandkids love to hear about "my wild days" when their parents were all home. Good grandma stories for sure.
Your right, it is those precious moments that make it ALL worth it. Cute, cute Ben!
I agree. I have found the difficult part is allowing those fun moments to be fun, even when I am most stressed! I was once told that bedtime is when children create most of their memories and upon hearing this was completely depressed because while I try each night to complete the proper parent bedtime checklist, sometimes I fail miserably as I raise my voice, "Get in bed!" What a joke! Let's hope their memory is selective and chooses those nights when we laugh and giggle as we read a book together!
There are few things more fun and refreshing, and even bonding, than getting the giggles with someone. So funny and cute that it was a two year old!
Post a Comment