Anyway, we left Thursday morning for our big adventure. We managed to herd everyone through the airport, contain them on the plane, ride the shuttle to our rental car and drive to the hotel. After all that, the first order of business was:
We all had so much fun in the sand and the waves, but then spent quite a bit of time chasing big huge squirrels in these big rocks. Good times.
The next day we got up and enjoyed our lovely hotel breakfast then headed to Legoland. It was fun, but lines were really long and waiting in lines with Ben wasn't awesome. The older kids didn't actually love the long lines either and are kind of ride wimps. There were some really cute wimpy rides that they enjoyed, but they tired out really fast so I'm not sure we got our money's worth there, but we still had a good time.
As I said we're all obsessed with Sea World. We LOVED it. A few years ago we went shortly after there had been a trainer seriously injured or maybe even killed (I can't remember) with Shamu so the Shamu show didn't have any of the trainers in the water with the whales and it was kind of underwhelming. This time, however, was thrilling. I'm fully aware that the music and the guy with the deep voice talking is designed to evoke our emotions and even though I knew they were manipulating me I didn't care it, I got choked up and teared up and I know it's embarrassing, but there's just something that I love about it all. It's beautiful, these gigantic killer whales incredibly trained swimming these people around like they were little birds on their noses. I just love it, we all do. I didn't dare pull out my camera though because we were in the soak zone. The girls had disposable cameras and took a few so if they turned out I'll post them later.
A very well received souvenir.
The other great part about Sea World was that we had to wait in line for probably 45 minutes to buy admission tickets so they gave us 50% off which saved us $140!!! Woo hoo. I'm telling you that place is the best.
Brennan told the kids they could each have a night that they got to choose where we ate dinner. For Nate's night we ate at a cute little diner and they had pancakes and cheese fries, nice huh? For Abby's night we of course found a pizza place. Anna chose In 'n Out Burger the last night was Brennan and my pick. It was really fun to have the kids get so into it and best of all it completely eliminated arguing over where to eat. For lunch it was mostly hamburgers and fries on the go and I won't be sad if I don't see either of those things for a very long time.Some great lines from the trip:
Brennan: Abby, that's the 2nd time you've made me go into high voice, stop it!
We drove through a part where Brennan used to work for a summer. He was waxing nostalgic and was really impressed with this hill that he used to ride his bike up every morning. After about the 4th time he said, "You guys, I used to ride my bike up this steep hill every day!"
Abby said: Dad, you keep saying that.
Brennan: Well, you need to appreciate that.
Nate tried some of Brennan's ribs and couldn't get enough. When I asked him if he liked them he said, "I want tons of these for Christmas!"
I bet you can't wait for part II!!!!
9 comments:
Sounds like such a fun trip, guys!! I am sorry Legoland didn't turn out as well as expected...Andrew will be so bugged at himself for recommending it. I love Sea World too...one of my favorites. You will have to ask Ryan about his thoughts on the Shamu drama!!! You will get an ear full. Glad to have you guys back. Wish we could have joined you...looked like a blast.
Ange, this looks like an awesome trip. I love those lines. That's a great thing to record good quotes from a vacation. And it makes me realize that you guys are a real live, mature family now, to have all those people making their own choices on dinner, etc. I wish I could have been there to see Brennan's hill. I feel like it would have been important for me to really understand the magnitude of it.
P.S. Macy knows I never give anyone an 'earful.' I only say interesting things that everyone finds completely captivating.
NO...We just booked a trip to San Diego for mid-April!
It'll be our second time to LegoLand...I LOVE THAT PLACE! not sure why. Any tips on getting good deals? Email me!
Glad you got away and had such a good time!
Sounds so fun. It is fun to get away just your little family (well neither of our families are too little). But how fun for you guys.
Macy, I don't think Legoland was the problem, more like a little runaway Benny and worn out kids. I can't wait to get Ryan's captivating earful.
Ryan, we felt very aware of our realness, people kind of died over how many kids we had.
Becky, I emailed you. I'm so excited for you guys to be going!
Shauna, yours is really not little!
By the time Brennan got through elaborating on "the hill", it probably sounded more like "a mountain". It is so much fun to go back in time and remember......
You have given the kids wonderful memories makers and I am sure they will tell their kids about the "mountain" their dad used to climb..... Some stories just live on.
Sounds like you parents had everything under control. Anytime you can get four opinions to agree on where to eat, without a fight, you have control.
Wonderfu picture of the kids and the entire family. God bless you all. Love to all!! grandma wright
That is so cool that you guys got to do that- what a memorable trip! I can't wait for part II!
Make me go into high voice. So funny.
darling pictures, and hilarious quotes, priceless!
Post a Comment