I think Ryan and Macy and I have talked about this before, but I've noticed that when it's serious crunch time to get my house whipped into shape I am most effective when I go into "angry cleaning mode". By this I mean I'm mad at the whole world first that my house is a wreck AGAIN, and secondly that if I want it done right it is up to me and me alone. We had someone call yesterday to schedule an appraisal for this morning at 10:00 am. I tried to start last night after my meeting, but just didn't have it in me. This morning I woke up and the magnitude of the job set in and so did the panic. Fortunately instead of dissolving into tears I morphed into "angry cleaning mode" and got it all done with the help of Brennan. (He and the kids cleaned the basement last night while I was gone and when I got home I asked if he had gotten the playroom down there clean. His reply, "Yeah, well I cleaned it the way I do it." "You mean you shoved everything to one side or on a couch?" "Yep.")
It might not sound like "angry cleaning mode" is a good thing, but actually it is. I can do work 4 times as fast when in this mode. Am I alone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yes, I too get in angry cleaning mode. It is always when I have a deadline like when someone is coming over. I take it out on everyone else, and can't be happy until the whole place is spotless. Then I smile and can be happy, but then everyone else is in a bad mood because of my anger in cleaning. That is the price we pay sometimes I guess.
Totally know what you mean. Sometimes I just send everyone outside (including husband) and go to town myself, it is easier that way.
No, you are not alone! I find myself actually enjoying having events in my home because it forces me to clean it like I regularly don't like to. There is nothing like last minute, angry, hurried, pressured, soon to be judged and criticized, deep cleaning!
I TOTALLY know what you are talking about. Christian calls my version of it, "business mode" and it basically means, "don't get in my way, don't even try to talk to me, I'm busy." Yep, yesterday was angry cleaning mode for me too.
Well, I'm glad it's not just me. Macy, so funny about ruining everyone else's moods which is why when possible Shauna's method of sending them outside is the ideal when possible because then we minimize the collateral damage. :)
Mandolin, "soon to be judged" LOL. Rebecca, I'm glad we were doing it together, sort of!
What's wrong with moving everything to one side of the room? Ha Ha Ha Ha That is why you send the kids "outside" to entertain daddy.
When my four kids were home they knew not to get in my path for fear of being put to work. I think you sound pretty normal.
Yes, I was a slave mom. I made my kids clean their rooms and bathroom. It would have been easier and faster to have done it myself. Trouble was, I was a pretty tough judge........
Love to the kides, grandma wright
I don't clean angry, but I do clean in spurts, and when I get around to a cleaning spurt, I really get after it.
I'm the same way! I bulldoze through the house and everyone better look out! Actually, I like to put a movie on for the kids so they don't undo everything behind me!
But talk about not giving me any slack--yesterday Mandy said "mom, why do you always clean the house really good before we have company-it's never that clean at other times" Oh, brother!
I'm with ya!!
I do better under pressure....
I've always been that way, even when I was working for pay!
Oh and yes,
mom was a slave mom... I remember!!
But hey, I just passed it on and did it to Casey..
it was great....
now he's a totally productive young man...
Come on... make your kids do all the work!! It's great.
Post a Comment