Tuesday, March 18, 2008

American Girls, Etc.

Today at school is "Dress up like your favorite book character day". My girls' favorite books are the "American Girl" books. Poor little Abby had big plans to dress up as "Nellie" but because they have a field trip today they were told not to wear costumes. It was a sad, sad, sad day yesterday for Abigail. I suggested that she find a character that wears regular clothes so she could still "dress-up" and go on her field trip. She and Anna pulled together an outfit for "Julie" an American Girl Doll character from the 70's. Here are some photos.


Not quite what she had planned, but at least she's smiling.


Anna dressed up like "Elizabeth" from the colonial period. She is LOVING every minute of this.

When I loaded the above pictures I discovered a little photo shoot the kids had done. I love how they positioned them. I wouldn't make you look at any except the last one really cracked me up so keep going.

Here is Abby's Elizabeth doll


Anna's Felicity doll


"Peanut Butter", Nate's dog.

11 comments:

Becky, yep said...

so cute, especially peanut butter! I love their imaginations!

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

LOL. Such goofballs. That is dang funny to see their photo shoot.

Eliza said...

wow, that anna kills me! She is destined for the "theatuh". so sad about abby. I too loved that photo shoot, was nate involved?

Grandma W said...

How creative! The children have such refreshing imaginations. I think Nate positioned his dog in an appropriate manner around that "tree". Ha Ha What a guy.....

I give all them all an A+ for their enthusiasm and creative spirit. Keep those kiddies in front of the camera, mom. Remember they will be paying for your retirement home someday.
Love to all grandma wright

Jo said...

How disappointing for Abby; but how great for her and sister (w/a little help from Mom) to come up w/an alternative solution. Great life skill.

Love the photo shoot, p-nut butter and all! Again, a premium on adaptability.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Great imaginations they have!

P.S. Thanks for the nice comment today!

-Shauna's sister

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun finding pictures on your camera. So cute.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Mandolin said...

What teacher planned a field trip on dress up day! That is cruel and unusual punishment! Way to go, Mom, on saving the day with the casual American Doll outfit!

Rebecca said...

I really like abby's outfit- it's perfect! Cute poses- esp natey's. What a guy.

Brynn said...

Peanut Butter shot is hilarious, what adorable girls! What to go Mom and Anna for saving the day. Wait to go Abby for being so good about it!