We've had some spectacularly beautiful days lately and after a very rainy/snowy Spring we're not taking it for granted. We spent our Saturday at Abby and Nate's soccer games and then Nate's first T-ball game. Anna's soccer game got pushed back to later in the week. It was a busy morning, but also a great chance to enjoy being outside.
My dear brother gave Brennan his old Playstation II video game system. I had some extended family over Wednesday night and after the majority left, the diehards -- me, my aunt Allyson and Eliza were burning the midnight oil. Suddenly, we see a desperate Brennan making a break for it through the kitchen to the bathroom. Evidently, a football game had made it impossible for him to use the bathroom and he had been holding it for hours. I think he finally went to bed at 1:30 am. He managed to win the Superbowl and claims he will no longer have a need to play. We love Brennan.
Anna had the big "Maturation" class this week. I went with her and am still in shock that we have a child old enough to be attending those types of things with. She took it all in stride and the school nurse did a great job. Anna discovered little video clips of dogs available to adopt from the Humane Society through our cable service and spends her free time "window shopping" a pet dog. Yes, I feel guilty depriving her and have basically agreed that when the baby is 1 or 2 we'll get a dog. We love Anna.
Abigail did great in her soccer game yesterday although her team lost and she can't stand that. On Ben's birthday we had some of my nieces and nephews here. There were two nephews who are within a few months of Ben's age here when he opened his gifts. As to be expected, Abe and Oliver found it a little trying to sit back and watch while Ben opened treasure after treasure. It was finally too much for poor Abraham and Liza decided it was time to go home, so she packed up and loaded her kids in the car all the while Abe was crying heartbrokenly. Abby kept telling me how badly she felt for Abe and later on that night, hours later, was to the point of tears worrying about her poor little cousin. I finally called Eliza to confirm my assertion that Abe was fine and had long since forgotten the incident. Eliza assured us he was fine and happy and Abby was finally able to quit worrying about him. I love how caring she is. We love Abigail.
The other day Nate got a very serious voice and said, "Mom, guess what Rex said one of the things he wants to be when he grows up is?" "What?" Dramatic pause, "A football player." "Well, why do you sound like that's such a bad thing?" "It's VERY dangerous." It was so sweet to see how much he worries about his precious cousin Rex. He was so cute in his T ball game, it's a really low key environment. Each team gets to bat their whole batting order, and whether they use the Tee or not is optional so most of them hit from the coach's pitch. It's pretty much total chaos. One little boy on Nate's team grabbed the ball and threw it right at the little girl running to base. Fortunately, she wasn't hurt. Nate was actually understanding and playing defensively when he was out in the field. He also hit really well and loved every minute. We love Nathan.
For the last few weeks Ben suddenly decided he was perfectly capable of getting himself dressed. He actually does a great job, and while it's so cute to see how excited he gets each time he accomplishes this feat, it makes me a little sad to see another way in which he's gotten completely independent. If only he would decide to potty train himself :) The other night when I hosted an evening with some of my extended family I had a friend come share her couponing tips. Ben had come in to sit on my lap before he went to bed. A few minutes later he looked up at me and started bobbing his head up and down. Apparently in my enthusiasm I had been nodding my head in satisfaction of what my friend was saying and my 3 year old was making fun of me. We love Benny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So informative, Ange. I love all the little stories and the tales of how the little ones interact. So cute of a Abby to be concerned about Abe. I was too, watching him that day. Is there anything harder to understand than one 2-year old getting all the loot and the other two just standing there with hands locked up my nervous parents?
Those Brennan stories are always funny and Abby, what a cute girl to worry about her cousin. My kids are begging for a dog lately too. We have tried it once and gave him away. I don't know if I could do it again.
so cute ange, I just love your family. so sad and cute about abby and abe, what a sweetie. I Love that nate football sotry, that is so indicative of natey and rex's relationship. adorable. unreal that benny is getting himself dressed, wow.
ha ha!! I love that Brennan story, and I love that Benny was making fun of you.
Sounds like you had a great weekend!
your kids are so sweet. abby and nate's stories were both so cute.
How sweet of Nate to worry about Rex. I can not believe Anna is old enough to go to the maturation class. Great stories.
Love the update. BTW, I note that you didn't specify WHICH baby needs t be 1 or 2 before the dog comes. I suggest you run the clock out as much as you can on that one, Ange. Love Nate's sweet concern about wild Rex.
funny brennan story. Awesome that now that he won the superbowl he doesn't have to play it anymore.
Post a Comment