Yesterday was one of those days I don't want to forget. The girls and I get to go see Wicked this week and so to compensate the boys Brennan took them to some kind of motorcycle racing event yesterday afternoon until late that night. So that left me and the girls to entertain ourselves. After Anna's soccer game we left our boys and headed to a shower for my cousin's wife who is expecting their first baby. It was really nice to visit with my Grandma and aunts and cousins. We then met up with Eliza to help them move into their new house. We met her at their apartment where she was doing the final cleaning and helped load up a few last loads. I was so grateful the girls were there and was kind of amazed at how helpful they were. Their favorite part was carrying Eliza's clothes out to the car. We kept hearing things like: "Oh, Liza, you have the cutest clothes!" "Abby, come look at this dress!!" "Mom, Eliza's clothes are so amazing!"
After loading everything we could fit we drove to the new house. It was so fun to see their cute house finally done and being filled up with all their stuff. We unloaded our car and went in to try and be useful. Lize brought pizza and donuts so my girls and I sat down with Josh and Lize and their adorable kids for a nice dinner break. Abe kept wanting rootbeer and saying, "Abey, juice beer!" When we finished dinner we got back to work while Abe threw things down the stairs and Belle kept finding access to bathrooms and dunking various toys in toilets every chance she got. As Ben says, "She walks like a penguin!" but she is one stealthy little penguin! Anna and Abby had a blast playing with Abe and Belle and starting to organize their clothes in their new rooms. Anna kept pulling Belle's cute clothes out and suggesting outfit combos to Liza for Belle to wear next. Abby kept us updated on everything going on upstairs or when Abey escaped outside with a running commentary. She also pointed to a dried bouquet of flowers and said, "Eliza, did you know these flowers are dead?" "Yeah, that was my wedding bouquet so I saved it." "Oh, I thought they were just a bunch of dead flowers," Abby shrugged.
Anyway, I realized how rare it is that I am with just the girls. I had so much fun with them and seeing them without the little boys made me realize how old the girls are. They were such fun company and very helpful. They continued to be good sports as I dragged them to the store late that night on our way home and let them fall asleep on the couch while I made cookies for a family gathering the next morning. Just as we got settled in the boys came home so happy and excited to tell me all about the motorcycles and the races. They loved every minute. Brennan could tell Ben was getting so tired but whenever he asked him if he wanted to go home, he insisted on staying to see more.
It was a perfect day for all of us. I'm so grateful for those chances we have to just enjoy our kids. They're growing up so quickly and it's so easy to get caught up in trying to keep them all on track I fear too often I miss opportunities to have fun with them. Yesterday Brennan and I both got the opportunity to just enjoy them and we did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How neat that your outing with the girls was one of service. And even neater that you found a way to make it enjoyable for them. What a great teaching as well as bonding experience. They'll probably remember that for a long time. (And I'm sure Eliza will too!)
Abey, juice beer, is making me laugh. What beautiful girls you have and what a fun memorable day.
How fun to have girls!! It sounds like its getting more and more fun as they get older.
What a fun day, Ange. How great you got to do that. I'll be interested to hear what you think about Wicked. BTW, don't read the book! It's really graphic and ugly--much different than the play.
Sounds like a fun weekend for you and your girls. Just like sisters, daughters are definitely a needed part of my life. Have fun at Wicked!
I kinda can't wait for these days. Sounds so fun.
I actually think giving Abey real juice beer isn't a terrible idea.
Post a Comment