Monday, April 6, 2009

Benjamin George is 3!

3 years ago I woke up to some pretty intense contractions. Every time I walk around though, they got less consistent, so I decided to go on with my day as planned. I did straighten up the house and made sure I had my bag packed. Later that afternoon I went to help in Abby's preschool class. The teachers became aware that I was in the early stages of labor and kept trying to get me to leave. I begged them to let me stay because I'd much rather keep busy than go home and just wait. By the time school got out and we picked up Anna, I knew it was time. We went home and waited for Brennan and gathered up my bag and drove through the snow storm to my aunt's house where we left our kids (I was in tears leaving my little Nate knowing that was the last time I would see him as my baby) and then Brennan and I proceeded to the hospital.


A few hours later out came Benny. He weighed 5'15" a fact which terrified me. I kept asking the doctor and nurses why he was so small and they kept reassuring me that he was healthy and that's all that mattered.


Here is as a tiny newborn

About 9 months later, much to my relief, he fattened right up.


To this big guy


We are so grateful Ben was born. I cannot imagine life without him, his smile, his eyes, his laugh, his voice, his bossiness, or affection. This morning he crawled into my bed and cuddled up to me and said, "Mom, I wuv you." We love Benjamin George.

We were able to have a little party with some of his cousins, he loved it and this year April 6th was a beautiful spring day.










1 comment:

Grandma W said...

Great things come in little packages. Benny is a delightful dynamo and certainly one of a kind. Happy birthday, Benny, You certainly act and seem a great deal older.