Friday, April 24, 2009

Pregnancy

Pregnancy is one of those things that is such a bizarre combination of amazingly wonderful and exhaustingly challenging. Whenever the baby moves and I realize I'm actually growing a human inside of me, I feel so awed and humbled by the fact that I get to play such a significant role in giving life to somebody, our somebody. Then the next minute I leave Nate's t-ball game after having spent a great deal of time discussing who would pick Anna and her friend up from soccer practice and grab Abby from her friend's house. We decide I will so I leave the boys with Brennan and drive directly home. I remember the girls after I have been home for 5 minutes. Then I feel in awe of my ability to forget all about two of my beloved children.

I go from sentimental and grateful for each of my sweet children to coming very close to tearing my hair out (some who are not familiar with the fact that my fun layer was intentional on the part of my hair cutter may think I have already resorted to this) because of these same sweet little things all in a matter of seconds. I'm a riot to live with, I know. However, even amidst the chaos and the exhaustion and the brain fog and humongousness, there's still something indescribably sublime about knowing there's a new member of the circus, I mean family, growing inside me waiting for just the right moment to join us and change us forever.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

It is so exciting and amazing how much you love each one.

Jo said...

LOL "new member of the circus"!

Pregnancy does bring such a wide variance of mood, doesn't it? How can one "state of being" be so beautiful and miraculous, and trying and crazy at the same time?

Rebecca said...

agreed. i love imagining a little one just "swimming" around inside of me. Esp. when they come out and I try to picture what they were doing in there...weird, i know.

Grandma W said...

It's so gratifying to hear you talk like a normal mother of 5 to be. Hang in there, you'll find refuge in the baby. Sanity will prevail when they all leave home. tee hee

Braden Bell said...

"New member of the circus" love it.