First item of news is that today was Brennan's second week of his new church job -- primary teacher. (Primary is the children's classes, he and another man teach the 8 year olds). His class was in charge of sharing time (combined lesson with all the younger kids together). About 2/3rds through their little lesson as he stood at the front of the room filled with a few other men, and lots of women and children, he had a thought flash through his head. He remembered leaving the house thinking he still hadn't done up his zipper and then remembered that he never did get around to that. In light of those memories, he looked down to confirm and sure enough his zipper was wide open, shirt hanging out, and another teacher sitting right in front of him trying not to fall off his chair laughing. I'm actually amazed that Brennan didn't say anything, instead, he very discreetly turned his back to the room and resolved the situation. The good news is Brennan really doesn't get embarrassed. He got a kick out of it. We love Brennan.
As for me, my choir sang in Sacrament meeting today. We sang a gorgeous, but difficult arrangement of "All Creatures of Our God and King". The scariest part for me was that there were lots of little organ interludes which meant I had to really keep track of where we were and bring the choir in at just the right spot several times. As we rehearsed just before the meeting started I could not get it right. Scary. This calling has been terrifying for me and we started out with very few people coming to practice. Today we had over 30 talented people singing and I managed to A. not pass out and B. bring everyone in and cut them off in the right spots. A HUGE relief and a greatly appreciated blessing. We got so many kind comments afterwards. It's just another lesson of how when we try to do what we feel we should, the Lord will bless us. I know there's still plenty of time for me to make some pretty major mistakes, but I feel so grateful that we were so blessed today. As this wonderful choir sang this amazing song, it was actually kind of fun, even exhilarating to be in front of them leading. Never thought I'd say that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh Ange, that is hysterical. I can relate. I give a tour of our school every day and am constantly trying to find discreet ways to check my zipper. I'm not surprised at all that so many people are coming out. You are a fun, talneted person and I know you do a great job.
Only Brennan could pull something off like that. How funny that he "suddenly remembered" like it's something he has to check off his to-do list in the am. Great job on the choir thing! That would be way stressful. I should be more complimentary of our choir.
lol about brennan. I didn't know he taught primary, how fun. congrats o the choir, I knew you would be awesome at it and eventually love it. I wish I could have been there, sounds amazing.
lol, love Brennan! So funny.
Sounds the choir number was a success. that is so great! I can't wait to see you in action.
Ange I can't image anything that you couldn't do. I agree, only Brennan could pull the zipper caper off. Congratulations on both your successes
Too funny about Brennan. The choir sounded amazing! You're doing a great job!
Love the Brennan story. I am so impressed with your successful choir experience. I knew you would be brilliant at it because you have always been so talented in singing and in pretty much most things you do.
Ange, my mom called me and told me of Brennan's little mishap that day. She was laughing so hard she could hardly tell me. Don't worry, she wasn't laughing at him, more with him because he pulled it off so well. I guess for the rest of sharing time most of the teachers were having trouble staying composed and being reverent. Aside from that she is very excited to have him as a primary teacher!
Madison, that's so funny you'd heard that story. I wish I would have been there too. I'm glad your Mom got some laughter out of it. I don't think I could have stayed composed at all. Congrats on your new baby! Hope all is well.
Post a Comment