Remember my post about my discovery of the valve/button thingy on the humidifier? Well, two nights ago we put Ben to bed and shortly thereafter heard some strange noises. Brennan went to investigate and yelled for me to come see for myself. I walked back towards Ben's room, but stopped at the bathroom where we watched little Ben draining his humidifier with the valve/button thingy. He had unplugged the humidifier, detached the tank from the base, dragged it into the bathroom, and somehow hefted the tank up to the sink. Evidently he had decided he didn't need the humidifier and took matters into his own hands. And, yeah, something that took me 35 years to discover took him 2.
Last night I helped throw a shower for two young moms who each just had a baby girl. One of these moms actually just moved out of our ward after only living here a short time and the other works in the nursery (the 18 month olds through 3 year old class) at church and hasn't lived here very long. Very few people know either of these moms so I was a little nervous about the turn-out we'd get. I was so blown away last night. First of all I had a great response to the group gift and we were able to get each mom a $100 gift card plus we probably had 30 women some of whom had contributed to the group gift, but many who didn't who came bearing gifts. Many of them walked in and weren't even sure which mom was which, but they graciously introduced themselves and handed over beautiful gifts. I feel so blessed to live among such good, generous people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I am always amazed at the generosity of people in this great neighborhood & ward. Thanks for all of your yummy treats you made! LOVED your delicious pumpkin soup. It's always fun to hang out with you!
so funny about benny. wow, I just can't get over that kid sometimes. and how cool about the shower, I'm glad it all went well. you're nice to host. your ward is kind of out of control on the shower thing, I swear you have one every week.
Wow, he's impressive. Too bad he didn't teach that trick to you years ago.
That is impressive and it reminds me of what wonderful people we live amongst.
That is so nice of those women! FYI- I still don't know what the valve on the humidifier is- I still empty it the awkward, hard way. Don't feel bad.
that last comment was rebecca
Cute story about Ben. I'm really glad the shower turned out so well. I wanted to come so bad, but had to work.
I think Benny has been reading your blog.... Remember I told you. You should have asked one of the kids. Ha Ha Congratulations on the success of your shower.
Aren't people so generous? That really touched me, Ange.
Will Benny need parents in a few years?
Post a Comment