Abby had a water spray bottle and Nate was teasing her. She told him he better watch out or she would spray him with "peppermint spray". I asked her what peppermint spray was and she said that Anna told her it's what police spray in bad guys' eyes.
I told her it was really pepper spray. Nate asked if police only sprayed it in bad guys' eyes and I said, "Yeah, they spray bad guys and Nateys." He smiled and said, "Mom, you're teasing me, they don't really spray Nateys." About three minutes later, he said, "Mom, I know you're teasing me, they don't really spray Nateys." Again three minutes later. Poor little guy, 99% sure, but that 1% was eating him up.
Yesterday Chloe, Anna, Abby and Nate put on a fabulous production of "Cinderella." Abby was Cinderella, Nate was the prince and Anna was a stepsister and the Fairy God-Mother, Chloe was a narrator and stepsister. I thought I was being called in for a two minute production, but about 20 minutes later I really regretted not having rolled tape! It was killing me. Anna spoke with a pretty darn good British accent, Abby had a dramatic crying scene and Chloe rebuked Cinderella for preparing Ball gowns that were "so last season!" Nate was a bashful prince, who was mostly mute with voiceover work by Anna and Chloe. One of the best parts was an original song by Cinderella about how she could be anything the prince wanted her to be. "I could be a cook, a dentist, a waitress, etc. Wouldn't Gloria Steinem be proud?

9 comments:
oh my word! LOL, you have officially crazy kids which chloe's influence isn't helping. :), no seriously, they are so dang funny and cute. wow, I hope my kids are that creative, I love it!
I love kids imaginations! Make them do it again and tape it for us! That is a riot!
Poor little Nate--just a little dubious about those police. Trust sweet Abby to take the malice out by using "peppermint" spray...so typical. I love how those kids are so original and creative. Great kids, Ange!! Love, Dad
Ange, I love your kids and the funny, funny things they do. Thanks for sharing.
I love the Cinderella production. Wish we could have been there to see it, wish my kids could have been there to participate. They would have loved it. So reminds me of me and my sisters. Great stuff!!
Sounds like these bright, creative children are ready for the Corporate World and staff meetings.
I hope to see these kids on the big screen someday. Doesn't sound like there is a bashful one in the bunch.
Tell Nate that his uncle Mike will only use peppermint spray on all Natey's. That should ease the 1% of fear a little.
Where was Benny when all this action was taking place or was he the wardrobe director?
Love grandma janet and papa leroy
Pretty darned cute kids!
Ange, first off, let me give you major props for being by far the best blogger in our family. Not only quantity, but really great, entertaining quality. You are such a funny writer and are lucky enough to have such great built in material. I laugh at almost everyone of your weird kids stories/quotes. Keep it up.
That is dang funny, Ange. I love the peppermint spray. I love that cops are out there spraying criminals with peppermint spray. Kills me. And that Natey had to confirm so many times that he wasn't in their sights. Funny guy.
Post a Comment