I forced myself to stay up last night and do my share of my transcribing job. I collapsed into bed around midnight. Around 4:00 Ben woke up pretty miserable with his cold because all the medicines I was always told to give all of my kids including Ben up until 6 months ago, is now highly illegal. I worked with him for about an hour and then crawled back into bed for a couple more hours.
Brennan left around 6:30. Sometime between 7:00 and 7:30 the boys crawled into bed and all over me for about a half hour. I let the girls sleep in because they're fighting off colds but by 8:00 I was asking, begging, pleading, bribing, threatening them to hurry and eat, get dressed, brush their hair, brush their teeth and leave. Anna made the whole carpool wait, again. In the midst of making breakfast and lunches for the girls Ben was beside himself and if anyone so much as looked at him he screamed and flopped onto the floor. He wanted me to do something with his sippy full of juice which I never did figure out and evidently my not doing what he wanted ruined his life forever and he went in to complete melt down mode rolling all over the floor screaming, kicking etc. for about 20 minutes or so. I was dangerously close to joining him.
After our less than cheery morning, we went for a walk and the sun was shining and guess what, it was a beautiful morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sounds so miserable, but I'm so glad that after all that, you did have the sunshine! It can do wonders, can't it!?
a big lol, but also it brought back feelings that were a little to close to home, and I only have two rascals! I love how you write, very funny.
Wow, that's a funny post, Ange. I love that Ben's life was completely ruined. I still haven't seen him like that, and it's sort of hard to picture Mr. Congeniality doing that, but I believe you.
But I really liked your ending to this post. Man, what problem won't the sunshine fix, huh?
Thanks, guys. Ry, so true sunshine truly fixes everything especially after a long cold winter.
Sounds awful, Ange, you're so positive! What a trooper!
So true about the warm sun fixing everything. Great post.
After those mornings, my jaw hurts from gritting my teeth so hard. It always helps to go outside.
Post a Comment