We had a fun President's yesterday starting with a trip to the newly renovated State Captitol. I had big plans of taking all kinds of pictures. Uh, I finally remembered at the end when we were in the lovely cafeteria. Somehow I missed getting a picture of Eliza, Brennan and Abby. Anyway, my Dad is a State Senator so we got to go watch him in action for little while on the senate floor and then he joined us for lunch. It was so neat to catch a glimpse of what goes on there and to see the beautiful building. Good times; however, trying to move two almost-two-year-olds who insist on walking every step including huge staircases unassisted, and 6 big kids (with a healthy genetic dose of ADD) through the Capitol with our fearless leader, Mom, (who with her impeccable navigating skills led us through more than a few detours:)) and then once Dad was with us and couldn't walk two steps without seeing someone who wanted to chat with him, was like herding 250 head of cattle through New York City.
Macy (SIL) and Rex (nephew)
Dad, Mom, Abe (nephew) and Lucy (niece)
Molly (niece) and AnnaAfter our Capitol adventure Rex came home with us and Lucy went with my Mom for a nap and then joined us at our house. The kids had so much fun playing with each other. During mine and Ben's nap Abby, Nate and Rex watched "Night at the Musuem" and while I slept on the couch my subconciousness happily registered the three of them cracking up the whole time. It was so cute.
Ryan and Macy came to pick them up that evening and we enjoyed visiting and trying to convince them to move closer to us while the kids soaked up every last second with their cousins. It was a perfect day!

7 comments:
ohh, cute pictures and LOL on the "herding cattle in new york" wow, so true.
Great post Ange. IT was a fun day!
Sounds so fun. I wish we could have been there.
Those days are so tiring but so fun.
Good times, Ange! Thanks for memorializing it. I do want credit--I DID know where I was going, just not where I was SUPPOSED to be going. Love all the pictures except mine. Looks like I'm going on and on and on. So like me!
What a beautiful family!!!! I had to chuckle because I could just picture all of you trudging up and down stairs with all those little ones.
I know your mom and dad are so proud of their family. Just remember, Andrea, they do grow up into big people. The children remain small for such a short period of time. You'll be so thankful that you enjoyed them like you have. Rewards are ahead.
Love to all of you, grandma janet and papa leroy
Post a Comment