With my super savvy medical mind it only took me about 32 years to figure out that my skin reacts badly to bandaids. Armed with my new found knowledge I try to avoid them; however, I will on occasion use them on my heel while breaking in new shoes.
Yesterday I was putting a bandaid on my heel when Nate came in and started thoughtfully observing me. After a few seconds he said, "I thought bandaids make you sneeze?" I was totally confused and asked, "Why would bandaids make me sneeze?"His perfectly logical reply was, "Dad said you are allergic to bandaids."

8 comments:
oh my word!!! Can I please just eat that little face, ohhhh, that is the cutest face I have ever seen! wow. oh and funny post, but I still can't get over that picture.
Ange,
Lucy had a weird skin reaction to a bandaid. Do you really have that? I wondered what it was.
Sweet picture of natey.
He looks absolutely angelic!
I really do, Macy. If I have a really open wound and try to cover it with a bandaid it gets totally itchy and bumpy and horrible. It's frustrating because sometimes you have to cover it.
maybe its a latex allergy. they have latex free bandaids!
while the picture of Nate was loading I totally thought it was going to be a picture of a swollen face after an allergic reaction! Glad it was just a picture of the cutest kid ever.
Andrea it is important that you inform your doctor of this valuable information in "the event" you ever need surgery.
This allergy is not as uncommon as you might think. They make a paper bandage for people with this condition. It's more like a surgical tape. You are pretty smart to come to this conclusion and spread the word to your family.
Nate is absolutely precious. I think I would have sneezed "just for him". ha ha Look at those big brown eyes that just sparkle with life. It's going to be a lot of fun watching him grow up with that glow. All the children are "special" and beautiful. Give them a kiss for me! Love grandma janet and papa LeRoy
LOL, Shannon. I see how I perhaps set you up for a great picture of someone's distorted face.
Becky and Janet, thanks for the info. I actually never thought to look into my bandaid issue, but I'm glad to know I may have options. Although I have wondered if my reaction was to the adhesive? Who knows.
Please excuse my blatant doting, it's just that it's almost impossibly to get a picture of Nathan when he's not forcing a grin.
Post a Comment