
I love Valentines Day. It was right during this time of year that Brennan and I fell in love. Our first date was Feb. 1, 1997 so this time of year brings it all back. Shortly after we got married I wrote the story of Brennan and me and if you can stomach it, here are a few excerpts:
"Let me admit here that from the first time I saw this Brennan guy, I was at once both attracted to him and suspicious of him. I could tell immediately that he was very charming and knew it. He had an air of complete confidence about him. He was tall and although he was very lean, he was nicely built with broad shoulders. He had short blond hair and incredible deep blue eyes. I perceived that he was used to being sought after and played it for all it was worth; hence, my suspicion. In spite of my perception of him, I couldn't help being drawn to him which bothered me to no end. In fact, I refused to accept the fact that I was affected by him as I was not the average girl that could be flattered and wooed to fall into his trap -- I was above that."
"I was in awe that I had talked to Brennan W. for 2 hours. Even though I had always had a little crush on him, I never ever really thought anything would come of it, but after our phone conversation I sensed that our paths would finally cross. I was right."
"...We roller-bladed to a near-by 7-Eleven and drank hot chocolate on the curb in front of the store. The whole evening was wonderful. We talked so naturally together and he was one of the few guys I had ever been out with that actually seemed interested in what I had to say. It was exhilarating to be with him, for never before in all my life had I been with someone whom I felt so free to be myself with. I never once checked something I wanted to say for fear it would not be recieved well or racked my brain to find something to say. Conversation just poured out of both of us and flowed as naturally as could be. He was charming, complimentary, fun and he emanated warmth. I felt vibrant and charming; I felt like I had a personaltiy, a charcteristic I, and many others, had often doubted I possessed on so many previous dates."
(my description of our Valentines date) "Everything thus far had been wonderful, but this night sealed our fate to spend eternity together and we both knew it. I wish I could adequately describe how I felt that blissful night, but I could never do it justice."
Everything I felt and wrote 11 years ago is truer than ever. There are so many other things I didn't know then that are what I love most about him today. He makes me laugh all the time, even if sometimes I'm too mad at him to laugh right then, I laugh later. He thinks I'm funny and laughs at me a lot. He is crazy, which I love. He doesn't waver, he gets anxious and stressed out in difficult times, but he always stays the course. He is loyal, not just to me but his Mom, his friends, my family, and me and our family. Even though he sometimes appears eccentric, he is actually amazingly balanced. He's the most non-materialistic person I know, except maybe my Mom. He is extremely tender-hearted and sensitive. He's the perfect husband for me. I love Brennan.
13 comments:
Oh my heck..
that was sooo beautiful and touching... I'm sending this link to my parents...
wow..
sooo sweet of you...
and he's such a handsome fella!
HAPPY HEART DAY!
LOVE YOU!
MIKE TERRI AND MAGOO
man, so funny to think of you guys on a first date.
What a story. I love the journal excerpts- makes me see a whole new side of Brennan.
Andrea, so sweet. I love the roller blading and hot chocolate. That is great that you wrote it all down. Your kids will love reading that when they're older. Last night was so fun as usual. And I was so happy to wake up and see flowers today and not a hoodie!
Terri, thanks for sending that on to your parents, it's been so much fun to have them reading and your Mom's sweet comments.
Davis, did you recognize your hand in that photo?
Rebecca, I want to hear your story!
Shauna, LOL about the hoodie, so glad you got flowers! Last night was so much fun. I love our group -- I am so tired today though, and I can't imagine how tired you and Liza must be after getting up with babies after a late night like that!
so sweet, I only wish you would have included more, I love the way you write. and lol shauna, wow good times.
Andrea, what a wonderful post! Thanks for refreshing our memories of your beginnings with Brennan, and inspiring us with such sweet feelings. Very apt title, BTW.
Sweet Valentine post , Ange. I really do love this holiday.
Hi Andrea,
You have such a good-looking family. I'm so flattered that you named one of your boys after me. Hope to run into in Wal-Mart again some time.
cyber hugs,
Nate Peck
Wow, Ange! You write so well. I loved the reminiscences. Great!!
Brennan's self confidence comes from the goodness of his heart and soul. He was a happy kid with many endeavors and goals to complete.
I see just so much of "that kid" in him today. That is what motivates him to enjoy his wife and children.
We really enjoyed your Valentine message and the story behind the "couple". It was destiny.
Happy Valentine's day to ALL OF YOU! We are so proud of all of you.
Love, grandma janet and papa LeRoy
Janet, thanks so much for your kind words! It's so fun to keep in touch this way. We need to get together soon!
Nate, so good to have you. Your family is darling. I'm always at Wal-mart so hopefully we'll bump into each other again!
Post a Comment