Anna is practicing the piano for the first time all week before she needs to go to her lesson in 20 minutes. She is not loving the fact that she is not able to sight-read the songs and play them perfectly. She wants me to stand by her and I guess offer moral support while she practices. Brennan comes home and I need to talk to him. Anna yells for me the entire time I'm talking to Brennan. I finish with Brennan and go back to Anna to tell her it's time to go to her lesson. She says she refuses to go and locks herself in my room. In the meantime Brennan calls me into examine some weird wart thing on his arm and to ask me what he should do since he's sure I gave it to him because I had something similar on my neck a few years ago.
I leave him to ponder his problems to go and tell Anna about all the privileges she's going to lose and the money she owes me if she doesn't hightail it down to piano that second. Our exchange is accompanied by Nate who is now "playing" the piano and loudly protesting the addition of Benjamin attempting to make it a duet. Anna is yelling (through the door) that her 16 year old darling sweet girl down the street piano teacher is going to be so mad at her saying, "Fine, I'll go, but I might not come back because she is going to KILL me!" I refrained from yelling, but couldn't hold back the sarcasm (I know, I know, it's equally if not more damaging) and said, "Yeah, she totally seems like the murderous type, have fun!"
I just got back from picking her up. She happily bounded down to the car. I resisted saying "You're alive!" (baby steps) and instead said, "So, how did it go?" She shrugged her shoulders and and smiled as she said, "Fine, she wasn't that mad." Oh, the drama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
LOL. mainly that if a stranger had read it they would have thought brennan was one of the kids. lol. I am so looking forward to battling over piano lessons. ugh. ; )
Andrea...such a cute but true post. I used to hide when it was time to go to piano.
Wow, Ange, that's so funny- I love how kids can be absolutely terrified of something, and then see it turn out just fine, and never look back and see the inconsistency.
Also, awesome that she locked herself in your room.
You just described my life. So fun.
sounds like my normal day! Course, I have 3 in piano. I too have threatened my kids with having to repay me for the cost of the lesson. Oh! How I long for the day when I can say "ha, ha!" when they are going through this with their kids. I'm sure my mom is doing it now!
And here I thought your kids were all smiles. The good ol' piano days.
I hated taking the time to practice the piano when I was that age. I finally talked my parents into letting me quit. I am so sorry now that I did. I have regretted not being able to play the piano all my life. Keep up the good work.
So funny. Major dis you gave Bren warts that hibernated for 3 years before surfacing.
It must have been hard to live through, but it sure was funny to read. Brennan and his wart-- LOdoubleL!
I wonder how long you'll be able to hold out on the piano lessons. Good luck!
Post a Comment