Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Am I the Only One?

Am I the only one who for years and years have been trying to empty my humidifier by tilting and flipping as fast as I could to get all the water out? Am I the only one who hadn't thought through the process by which the water travels down into the base and gets humidified or whatever it does? I happened to accidentally push that little valve thingy (see picture below) and stood amazed as every drop of water came flowing out with no tilting or flipping. I love emptying my humidifier now, but seriously, am I the only one that didn't know that?


(Yes, not only did I take a picture of and post about my humidifier, I also took the time to add an arrow and text to the picture.)

12 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

hum...I just dump mine....

and how'd you do that arrow??????

Eliza said...

so funny. I don't have one of those, but I'm sure I would have done the same. and yeah, wow how do you do the arrow and text.

Alesa Larsen said...

Nope, you aren't the only one. I have never thought about that valve being helpful.

Grandma W said...

Andrea, we are not meant to "know everything". Ha Ha Why didn't you give it to one of the kids. They figure that kind of stuff out immediately. They love to push buttons and dump water all over. Don't worry, you are still first rate in my book Ha Ha

davis@dontdodumbthings.com said...

so funny how every single otherwise intelligent person has weird gaps in their knowledge - they don't know something that everyone else in the world knows. i have had my share of these. i'll keep them to myself for now.

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Davis, I think I know what you mean by gap in intelligence, but I want to make sure. Are you talking about like when a grown adult might, perhaps, think that a woman carries her fetus in her stomach, surrounded by her chewed up food and digestive acids? Is that the kind of factual lacuna that you're referring to? I'm just trying to understand.

Ange, I would love to know how to insert arrows and text into photos. As for knowing how to empty my humidifier, I can't remember that being a problem, but I'll let you know if it becomes one.

Andrea W. said...

Thanks for the support, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

The site I used is called Picnik. You can upload your photos and then I used the text option and shapes for the arrow.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

So good to know! I have that same humidifier and I love it. I love that you can see the water inside and the mist coming out. It's the best. I will now do it this way. Thanks!

Nicole said...

Include me in! I have never thought about emptying the water the way it drains, huh...thank you for figuring it out. I do the same thing, flipping it and tilting it. So, how do you do the arrow and words on the picture?

Bobbi said...

I have the same humidifier and I never knew that!!!! Wow! I can't wait to use it again and then try out how easy it will be to empty. Thanks for sharing!

Braden Bell said...

And you wonder why there is just a tad of OCD in your house???? Just kidding. Congrats on this discovery. If it makes life easier, then it's all for the good. LOL Ry. BTW, that was one of the best uses of the word "lacuna" I have read in quite some time.

Mandolin said...

I went through this exact same learning process just last spring. I felt like I'd just solved the world's problems by realizing the effectiveness of the valve. What a joke, eh? If only they would tell us these simple tricks when we buy the humidifier to begin with, maybe they do, I never read the instructions to find out.