

I know it's so cliche to say, but seriously, where has the time gone? How is my first little baby 10 years old today? It's kind of a little bit painful to browse old pictures and realize just how much she's grown and how quickly it's all happened. A rush of memories came back to me as I looked through our albums. There's so much I'd forgotten like the way she used to scrunch her tiny little face up to be silly, or the fact that she was once chubby, or that she spoke perfectly and it was so funny coming out of such a tiny little girl with a nasally munchkin voice. For 2 1/2 years she was my constant companion, and was and still is such good company.


Many little girls are described as sweet so I'm afraid it doesn't always mean a whole lot, but that is one of the first words that pops into my head to describe Anna. She really is sweet, she is considerate, kind and caring. She is very empathetic and notices when people feel badly and does everything in her power to help. She is extremely affectionate, all her teachers from church and school tell me how they love running into Anna in the halls because she runs and hugs them every time.


She is creative, imaginative and confident. She has some struggles that she's really come a long way in improving. At first glance Anna is a prim and proper little girl, but there's kind of a wild and mischievous side to her as well. So much so that my brothers nicknamed her "black-heart" when she was a toddler. She did things like intentionally locking me and her newborn sister out of the house when she was 2 1/2. When I went around to a door with a window I watched her pretend not to hear or see me while she casually perused a book. She also locked a friend of ours in the bathroom (the lock was reversed for time-out purposes) who was in there getting ready for the day.

Fortunately for me her sweetness usually overrides the mischief, but it's definitely still there. Now her wild side can be glimpsed when you see her on the soccer field or sort of gliding past you faster than should be humanly possible.
As sad as it is for me to lose that little girl I had, it's so exciting and rewarding to watch this beautiful girl grow up. Happy birthday, Anna! We love you!!!!!
13 comments:
How sweet! What a special, wonderful girl. We're so lucky to have her in our family. Please tell her happy birthday from Uncle Braden. Also, one tiny little thing: not all your brothers called her black-heart!
oh my word, she was once that little? wow, seriously I remember that little munchkin so well, how fun it has been to watch her grow into such a smart, talented, confident and truly sweet and innocent girl. We love Anna! Abe was looking over my shoulder as I read this post and excitedly said "nanna!", he loves her too, she is such great cousin and helper.
Wish Anna Happy Birthday for us. I love the picture of her in the rain coat becuase it reminds me you lived here once upon a time. =)
Such darling photos Ange. I loved going through those. She has grown up so much, and I too remember her as a little girl so very well. I love the raincoat one too, and also the one at my wedding..I have always loved that photo. What a great girl. Happy Birthday Anna!!
I loved recalling Anna through the years with those adorable pictures. My favs-- the scruncy face and the one at Ryan and Macy's wedding.
I love so much about her, but especially her affectionate nature. She is a wonderful little girl who adds so much to our family. Happy Birthday Anna!
Dis. Those pictures made me sad.
she's beautiful. i love the picture of her in her blue ballet costume. i have so many pictures of me and my sisters just like that one.
happy birthday anna!
Time flies way too fast, when I think about it I realize how much we need to just cherish our kiddos. What a beautiful girl Anna is.
Happy Birthday Anna! I hope the Nancy Drew party is super fun! It was great getting to know you better today!!
Long live that little black heart. She was THE cutest little toddler possible. I can't get over some of those pictures. I loved the way she talked as a little gal. "go-ning" "do-ning". Wow, good memories. Tell I say happy bday.
Happy Birthday to your oldest. She is such a pretty girl!
So sweet and so true. That pic w/ her in the yellow outfit is so cute and she actually looks so much like you there.
well done......
Post a Comment