Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Once I have all the kids’ costumes figured out and done I get so excited and then after getting them all dressed up 3 times I’m ready to be done.  It was all fun though.  I was especially in love with how Joshy’s turned out.  Have I mentioned how much he loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse?  Well, he does – turns out Mickey taught Joshy how to count to 10.  The sad thing is when we discovered Josh could count to 10 I knew it must be from Mickey.  These last kids gotta get what they can from whoever they can, right?  Today we got to go to Grandpa’s work for a fun lunch and trick-or-treating at the Capitol. 

We found Minnie there and had to get the two together.

100_4578

The kids got lots of candy and then we headed home for a nap for Josh.  It was such a beautiful Halloween, the kids have been outside playing all day.  I don’t remember very many Halloweens with such gorgeous weather. 

After some yummy chili we put our candy on the porch and headed out trick-or-treating.  Anna went with Chloe and some other friends, Abby went with her friends so it was just us and the boys.  Nate’s friend, Kade, came with us.

100_4599

It was such a fun Fall night.

 

 

I saw this costume on one of my favorite blogs and totally ripped it off, I love it.100_4602

 

Abby always knows exactly what she wants to be.  You can’t tell from the photo, but she insisted that she be lit up, so there are actually little battery candles inside that look pretty cool in the dark.

100_4594

Nate was Zombie Soccer Player, he did his own makeup and took it very seriously

100_4596

Cute Ben was Dash from The Incredibles movie.  If you know Ben, you know that Dash is kind of perfect for our exuberant, speedy little guy.

100_4598

Last, but certainly not least is Josh who as I already mentioned was Mickey Mouse.

100_4597

5 comments:

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Man, those are some reeeally cute and creative costumes. Awesome kids.

Brynn said...

Seriously love them! Mickey I have to say is my favorite, binky and all. Anna is an adorably close 2nd though. I'll be putting that cute costume into my memory bank for years to come!

Jo said...

Oh Andrea, what a lot of work you went to-- and with amazing results!

The kids all looked adorable, and you're right about Joshy's costume being a real triumph. He seemed to love it as well. And how great was that to run into a mini Mini?

Cute cute kids!

Anna W. said...

I actually like the picture you posted of me! I actually have eyelashes! (Don't tell anyone they're fake, let me have some glory.);)

Cheryl said...

how fun! I had my twins be Mickey and Minnie one year. I was shocked and appalled when I a got asked by more than 1 person who they were suppose to be. Seriously? Seriously!?!?!