I’ve been one of those Mom’s who has kind of fretted about what I’d do when I didn’t have any little ones around. I still think I will always miss not having little ones around when that day comes; however, I have made a discovery – older kids are a lot of fun. Maybe that is obvious to most people, but when I thought about older kids I thought about the drama and ups and downs of teenage years, rebelliousness, relationships etc. The thing I failed to realize is that there is a lot that’s fun about those years too. Granted my kids are still on the young side of older, but lately we have had so much fun with the girls. It’s so fun to introduce them to things I loved. Anna watched “Emma” awhile ago and I got to re-live falling in love with everything Austen. They are the first to notice a new haircut or something new I’m wearing.
It’s also fun to watch them get good at things, to find their niche in life and really start to get excited and good at it. They are hilarious, no one can get Brennan laughing like Anna can. She has such a spontaneous, fun, funny personality and her observations about her life in junior high are usually very entertaining. Abby too, every now and then she gets this wild look in her eye and everything out of her mouth is CRAZY and loves to laugh at herself. She also has a way of cutting right to the heart of the matter in a very funny way. They’ve learned how to tease and mimic us, mostly Brennan, without being disrespectful. It kills us. I’m sure we’re in for plenty of roller coaster rides as we transition into these years ahead, but the fun part is that we’re really liking the humans our kids are turning out to be.
1 comment:
the question is what about boys? will they be fun? ; ) seriously though, your girls are adorable and fun and vivacious and I love how they know who they are. If my kids are like that, then I can't wait.
Post a Comment