On Monday after Brennan and I left for the hospital the boys were doing their daily routine of wrestling. For some reason this time Nate landed on Ben's leg in such a way as to crack his tibia bone (I think, is that the shin bone?). We didn't know that until Wednesday morning when Brennan took him in for an x-ray right before picking me and the baby up from the hospital. They say he should be able to walk on it in no time, but so far he says it hurts so we have a crippled little guy.
Anyway, it's definitely been quite a week and we're so grateful Joshua is here safe and sound. Thank you all for your congratulations and well wishes. We feel so loved and so grateful to have the best family and friends we could ever ask for.
10 comments:
What a sweet little guy. Enjoy the time you have with him. We missed you tonight.
CONGRATULATIONS! He is so cute. I'm happy things went well.
Congrats, you guys. I'm excited to see him.
Welcome into the "Life in the Slow Lane" family Joshua Dixon Wright. Nate looked so big next to the tiny baby. Poor Benny in his full leg cast. That has to be hot for the summer months. I hope he feels better soon and is able to get around by himself.
A special thanks to your sister for her blog and pictures. I'm glad you are up to continuing the saga of this "Special Family".
God has blessed you all with this little boy so perfect.
You describe it so well "wanting to drink in just being in his presence." I guess on your fifth, you know how truly "fleeting" it is.
I'm so excited for you guys. Those big sisters are going to be such good helpers.
I'm so sorry about ben:(
I am so living through you right now. It is such an amazing time. Joshua is so sweet, congratulations!
I got the chills reading your post and remembering that incredibly sacred feeling that you have with a brand new little one. I love it!!! So sorry to hear about Ben. Amazing timing, right?
Andrea,
This is elizabeth, ryan and macy's friend. I was stalking blogs and saw that you just had your baby. Congratulations! My baby turns two months old tomorrow and I am so envious of your newborn! (I think I have a problem.)
Anyway, it does go fast. Too fast. Enjoy this amazing time with your sweet boy - and take a deep drink of that newborn smell for me. He looks like such a love. Don't you love the feeling that heaven is so near? Congrats again.
Elizabeth
Yay! A boy! Congratulations! He is darling and I love the name Joshua! Can't wait to meet him and I hope you are recovering well.
WOW Congratulations Andrea!! I didn't know you were expecting. He is just beautiful and I am so glad he is getting better with the lights. It sounds like you have really had a time of it so I hope things start going more smoothly! It has been fun catching up on your blog. You have such a great family.
Post a Comment