Monday night was such a great night. Joshy slept peacefully in his Superman pod while Brennan and the kids and I had our little Family Home Evening. For the last week or so everyone has been going in what felt like a thousand different directions which worked out perfectly to enterain them and give me a much needed reprieve; however, it was sooooo nice to be a family again. Abby taught such a sweet lesson which she prepared all by herself. She wrote a couple of things on a paper towel (to make it extra special as opposed to regular paper) and then held up two at a time and asked us which one would help us return to Heavenly Father and Jesus.




(naughty)

Benny was in charge of the game so Brennan helped him come up with something he could actually play with his broken leg. We all sat in a circle on the floor and spread our legs out so they connected with our neighbors' legs and rolled the ball to each other. Pretty basic, but you should have seen the joy radiating from Ben as he directed us all in what to do and then played. I had been so focused on the baby it was such a sweet reminder of how blessed we are with every one of these sweet kids. They love us and each other so much, it just filled me up.
In other news I managed to roll out of here at the crack of 12:30 pm and took all 5 kids to Target!!!! It was an adventure, but actually went pretty well. It helps A LOT to have Ben confined to the cart and a sleepy baby who didn't make a peep the whole time.
Jan, you were right it does feel like we're in the fast lane lately; however, we don't seem to be getting anywhere any faster!!!

8 comments:
so cute, family home evening is the best, I mean when else do you really sit down formally together and then get to play games and talk. so inspired. I loved abby's paper towels, so funny and adorable. I could totally picture benny's lit up smile, what a sunshine boy. So glad Joshua is better, can't wait to hold the little bundle of sweetness!
Love the superman analogy. I'm soooo glad he's done with it, though! I CANNOT believe you are already out and about and with 5 kids!!! YOU're amazing!
A trip to target with five kids! I am impressed. It always takes me months to go out with all of them at once. Nice job!! You are really getting back into the swing of things so quickly...good for you!
That first trip out with 5 kids is like running a marathon. Congratulations! Hope you're doing well, it sounds like you are. I am excited to see sweet Joshua.
Congratulations Andrea! I am so happy for you. I am glad that Joshua is doing much better. Your family is so cute
So happy to hear Joshua is all better and able to go without the mask. I am so amazed that you actually ventured out so soon with all five kids. Of couse knowing "your kids", I can see where that was possible. I am so glad that "you" are feeling up to the task. Is Benny walking on his leg now or did you have to carry him? Please don't overdo......
I'm SO glad having your 5th baby hasn't taken you out of the blogging world!
What a great lesson Abby prepared, and I'm glad she found a way to make her posters special! That girl is SO creative.
That game sounds like a real winner. Funny how special small things can be.
Echoing Macy, I can't believe you did that Target trip, barely a week after giving birth. What a woman!
That is so sweet!!! Some times the simplest of things are the greatest. I am happy to hear that Josh is doing better. I like the Super man reference.
Post a Comment