
It's about 600 pages and I must admit after I read the intro I was having a hard time getting excited about reading that huge a book all about suffering and revenge. However, after I got past the first little bit, I was completely hooked and couldn't put it down. I finished Thursday night and then spent the next few days paying for neglecting everything else. I love a good read though, and the catch-up was well worth it.
So, on to the rest of our week. We had such a nice little break with the kids out of school on Monday and Tuesday it was great. Monday morning we woke up and met my parents and Macy and Liza and their kids for breakfast. Afterwards we went to Liza's and had a nice visit while the kids played. I love those spontaneous low-key get-togethers. Thanks for making it happen, Dad!
Tuesday I woke up feeling terrible so I put Anna in charge and went back to bed. She did a fabulous job of entertaining all the kids and I got some wonderful sleep and felt much better. They had a great time playing and staying in their jammies most of the day. It was so nice not to have to rush around doing the school thing. I love those days when they really get to interact and just play and be kids.
Friday my angel mother came over to be my personal cleaning lady. She knew how crummy I've felt and that I was discouraged with not having the energy to keep up with my house lately so showed up and worked miracles for several hours. I can't tell you what a difference she made in that time and it was so nice to get a jump start.
Thank goodness my Mom came that day because it had been a rough one. It was my one day I didn't have to drive anyone to school except that Anna was running late so I had to send the carpool without her and drive her myself. Then Nate refused to get ready for his afternoon Kindergarten when he was supposed to and therefore missed his carpool. My Mom kindly took him for me. One of the very most frustrating things for me is putting so much energy into getting my kids where they need to be when they need to be there but in the end having no real control over making it happen. Deep breath. I know, it's life, but it kills me. It had all the makings of a really bad day, but having someone love me enough to come make my can-opener sparkle and wash out the garbage can etc. put it all in perspective and brightened all our lives.
Okay, one more random thing, can anyone put my mind to ease that not if, but when there is an earthquake a child on the bottom bunk will not be squished to death?
12 comments:
you're seriously the fastest reader ever. I'm looking forward to the discussion- however, I've been dying to discuss it as I go along since I've been a bit confused here and there. okay, a lot confused.
I am getting into it now after taking back the 1600 page unabridged version and getting the 600 pager.
okay that bunk bed thing is so weird and funny, that would never ever occur to me. I just told josh about it, and he got his super self righteous expression and his big eyes and said, "she gives brennan a hard time??" lol. Anyway, great update, I can't wait to read it.
sorry, hate to take up a precious number on the comments and get your hopes up, but I just had to clarify. I can't wait to read count of monte cristo, not your update, b/c I already read that, obviously.
Sorry to hear you felt under the weather. I use to hate those days when one of one of my stragglers required a special drive to school. It wasn't usually that far; but I had to get dressed for the trip.
Never thought about the bunk issue, but I do now. I always worried the person on the top bunk would fall out of bed, but that never happened. Don't worry about it, it may never happen either.
I agree with Shannon, you whiz through books like nothing else. I am so slow. And,Wow! What a nice mom. How sweet of her.
No, the kid on the bottom bunk is a goner. So you just to give it some thought and figure out which you would miss the least.
why are you asking about bunks?? Are you thinking of getting some for your boys? If you are, and this is your thought process I am shocked. You guys are paranoid!!
Okay people, earthquakes are a very likely scenario here and being a little bit of a claustrophic the bottom bunk is hard for me period, but then I thought of an earthquake and seriously, is there a case to make for it not squishing the bottom person? Yes, I may be a tinsy bit paranoid, but that doesn't mean it can't happen, right??? I really want to do bunks for the boys, but I need some reassurance.
Love that book! Nothing like a great read! Now you have to see the movie.
i've heard such good things about that book. one of these days... im sorry you've been feeling crummy. Is this still pregnancy sickness??
Okay, Andrea, it never occurred to that bunk bed's could be an issue in an earthquake, but now that you mention it, it could be a big problem... BUT, I was thinking... the bunk beds are attatched so wouldn't the whole thing just tip over? And the kids would just roll off--unhurt. That's how I see it. (All my kids are in bunk beds so I need an answer I can live with!) haha
Post a Comment